How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2839
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi I am 60yrs young 6ft1" and have 140 kg problem i need to

This answer was rated:

hi I am 60yrs young 6ft1" and have 140 kg problem i need to lose a lot of weight but have been unsuccessful i want to try hypnosis whats your thoughts or is there a diet that may work regards willie
Stress and anxiety issues?
Have you consult your doctor regarding such weight problem?
Any history of Thyroid problem,etc?
Any other medical illness?
Duration of symptoms?
Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi no stress and anxiety issues my doctor has told me lose weight i have cholesterol and high blood pressure problems which i take tablet for the last 5yrs. gout for ten yrs.I need to try and control my weight regards willie

Thanks for providing additional information.
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
Your BMI is 40.6 as per your weight & height and suggests obesity.
And cholesterol lowering drugs rare side effects include weight gain and you need to eat a low-cholesterol diet.
This diet should include fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products ,fish, beans, eggs,nuts and also avoid sodium (salt), and added sugars.

Participate in regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week and also limit your intake of alcohol ,these measures will be helpful to control weight.
You should consult a dietitian for weight loss regimen.
Also thyroid function test should be done to rule out Thyroid dysfunction which makes difficulty in weight loss.
You should ask your doctor for FDA approved Orlistat weight loss pill.

A referral to Endocrinologist should be considered in your case.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Onlinedoc and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you