Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

i constantly feel like i have a water infection, and had brown

i constantly feel like i have a water infection, and had brown urine first thing this morning, i have been to the docs today and tested my wee but only showing up a tiny bit of protein, and was reluctant to give me any treatment. i have a dull ache that comes and goes along my bikini line, wihch i have had for a couple of months and also during intercourse i seem to be losing the ability to orgasm. i have been treated a few times this year for water infections, and i do seem to have an odour and sometimes feels as though i have dribbled, please help as dont feel i am getting any help from my doc

Anthony Bray, MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray, MD :

As for constantly feeling like you have a UTI >> perhaps it is a different problem...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Interstitial Cystitis is an inflammatory condition of the bladder that may make you FEEL as though you have a UTI even when you do not!!

Anthony Bray, MD :

This condition would need a visit to a urologist to diagnose this problem....

Anthony Bray, MD :

It requires looking at the inside of the bladder through a scope (cystoscopy)

Anthony Bray, MD :

If you have this then antibiotics are not the answer...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Elmiron is a medicine that may be used for this condition...

Anthony Bray, MD :

As for the lack of orgasms >> do you take an anti-depressant??

Anthony Bray, MD :

The SSRI class of anti-depressant is a common culprit for that problem..

Anthony Bray, MD :

Adding Wellbutrin which works in part on dopamine may be of help with that problem...

Customer:

im not on any medication,

Anthony Bray, MD :

If brownish urine turned out to be blood in the urine on a frequent basis then that would need to be worked up further.. both perhaps by a urologist to check the system for kidney stones and perhaps by a nephrologist (medical kidney specialist) to work up and check for primary kidney disease...

Anthony Bray, MD :

Perhaps this is not a problem since they did not note blood in your urine... they should have told you if that were the case...

Anthony Bray, MD :

I hope that this information is some help to you!

Anthony Bray, MD :

Let me know if you have further questions and i will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray, MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated!

Anthony Bray, MD :

Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray, MD :

Anthony Bray MD

Customer:

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX i approach this with my doctor,

Anthony Bray, MD :

I would ask directly as regard to your concerns... if you FEEL frequently or "always " that you have a UTI but the urinalysis says that you do not then interstitial cystitis is a possible reason for this and you should be referred to a urologist...

Anthony Bray, MD :

If you should have tea colored urine and this were due to blood in the urine thaen that should be worked up further...

Anthony Bray, MD :

As for the trouble having orgasms I have seen some success with this problem with Wellbutrin but it is not FDA approved for this pupose but your doctor may be willing to give that a try...