Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

I am concerned about a lump on my jawline back left side near

I am concerned about a lump on my jawline back left side near my ear. it moves when pressure is applied and is tender to the touch. It also feels like more than one lump more like two or three. I have no dental problems. I suffer with hives, but they are on the other side of my face. what could this be?
Hi
Lumps which are tender in this area and move are lymph nodes. These can become swollen in the setting of an infection- like in your mouth, your ear, your head or even a general virus.
I would keep an eye on it- if it continues to grow, become nonmovable or you develop more such as under your arm pits, then you need to see a physician for diagnosis and treatment.

I hope that this helped!
Please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. could it be anything else as I have had no previous symptoms. my ears are fine and i have had no mouth pain and have not had any viruses. other than this lump am well within myself.

Hi Melissa
The only other thing it would be is a lipoma (benign fatty tumor) or a cyst (fluid filled vesicle)
But the location of it is classic for a lymph node. You may not even feel sick- it is your body keeping the virus/bacteria at bay..

I hope that this helped!