Hello and welcome, Mike
Yes, your symptoms can be due to TMJ. The other causes can be;
1) Unaccustomed activity like long hours on TV / computer / lap top.
2) Neck muscle strain.
6) Dental infection
Following would be the treatment protocol for TMJ;
1) Tylenol; acetaminophen
2) Anxiety reducing medicines; called as anxiolytics, will need prescription for it.
3) Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
5) Muscle relaxants
B. Psychological interventions
1) Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
2) Relaxation techniques
3) Stress management
C. Alternative therapies
D. Physical therapy modalities
1) Transcutaneous electrical stimulation
5) Superficial and deep heat
6) Therapeutic exercise; like Lateral jaw movement, Protrusive jaw movement, Tongue-up exercise, Resisted opening, Resisted closing.
It is privilege assisting you.