How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One day I was in the car and reaching for something in the

This answer was rated:

One day I was in the car and reaching for something in the back seat. I felt bad pain below my shoulder on my outer upper arm. Now if I pull myself up with that arm or put any resistance on it while it is extended, I feel severy pain that lasts a few minutes, stopping me in my tracks.
Associated neck stiffness?
Which arm is involved?
History of Arthritis?
Duration of symptoms?
Swelling,redness,tenderness on back of shoulder,arm?
Numbness,tingling sensation and pain radiating to arm?
Any other medical illness?
Are you taking any medicines?
History of injury?
Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No neck stiffness. My right upper arm. Arthritis in lower back, not arm. Symptom only when lifting or putting resistance on the arm when trying to lift, When pulling down on anything above my head, when putting any weight on my upper arm. no redness nor numbness. If I put any resistance onthat are, the pain is in the muscle mostly in the middle of my upper arm and it is excruciating lasting about a minute or so.

Thanks for providing additional information.
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
As per your description,possible differential diagnosis may include
Bicipital tendinitis
Frozen shoulder
Brachial neuritis
Rotator cuff disease
Impingement syndrome
Cervical disc disease
Given your symptoms,I think a physical exam by an orthopedic surgeon may be necessary to evaluate this.
They also will be able to recommend further imaging studies, like shoulder x-rays and perhaps a MRI of the shoulder, or cervical spine, to evaluate your pain.
You shouldn't ignore your pain as if it's related to Frozen shoulder then it gets gradually worse over the time.
Take OTC Advil.
You should consult a Physical therapist as well.
Physical therapist use various modalities for pain management like IFT,Deep heat ,hot packs etc .
Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Onlinedoc and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. It confirms the information I received on web md.

You are most welcome.
Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.