Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Component Your Value WBC 3.4 RBC 4.11 HEMOGLOBIN 11.3

Component Your Value
WBC 3.4
RBC 4.11
HEMOGLOBIN 11.3
HEMATOCRIT 35
MCV 85
MCH 28
MCHC 32
RDW 13.0
PLATELET COUNT 297
Neutrophils, Absolute 1.54
Lymphocytes, Absolute 1.49
MONOCYTES, ABSOLUTE 0.23
Eosinophils, Absolute 0.10
Basophils, Absolute 0.01
The reason for this test is because I've been feeling chest pains (normally it's just pressure on the chest but last Tuesday (Sep 10th) I was at ER because I felt a squeeze on my chest for 15 minutes then when I got to the ER it subsides. The lab work shows no damage on the heart and nothing really they see relating to heart. I've been complaining this since May and my health is sometimes good but mostly feeling weak and have episodes of dizziness and lightheadedness. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to shut down but only in seconds then back to normal. I have fatigue on my right arm and right leg too. I've done electrocardiogram, stress test and everything is normal. Here's my cholesterol lab test too.
Component Your Value
CHOLESTEROL 160
HDL CHOLESTEROL 61
CHOL/HDL RATIO 2.6
TRIGLYCERIDES 98
LDL CHOLESTEROL 79
PATIENT FASTING? YES
Most of the time, I'm tired and feel some pressure on my chest.My doctor said that they've done tremendous lab work and didn't find anything serious. These lab test results were the most recent ones. I'm waiting for result of my Sleep study and Coronary Calcium Scan Test (due to family history of heart disease). By the way, I'm 47 years old. I'm hoping for second opinion regarding my health concerns. Thank you. Lelot
Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name is***** will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

Do you take any medication or have any medical conditions?

Customer:

Flecainaide (200 mg/day), warfarin (4mg/day), probiotic, prilosec. I have GERD, fatty liver, AFib and had my gallbladder removed in June.

Dr. Brims :

Do you have anxiety disorder?

Customer:

No.

Dr. Brims :

Have you had a stress test for your heart?

Customer:

My reg doctor thinks it's flecainaide side effects but my Cardiologist thinks the med is helping control my afib. The cardiologist is willing to replace the med but he needs to wait for the result of my sleep study test and coronary calcium scan test. Yes, they've done stress test and I'm at 80% and electrocardiogram too. Everything is normal.

Dr. Brims :

Okay, then the flecainide may be the cause of this, your doctor may have to change this medication

Customer:

Did you see all the cbc lab test result? Few of them have low score. Is this something I need to be concern about?

Dr. Brims :

No, you should have them re-tested in 3 months to make sure they are trending in the right direction, but they are nothing to worry about now

Customer:

One of the lab tst says low white blood cell. Should I be concern about that?

Dr. Brims :

No, it is 3.4 which is not anything to be concerned about now, if it is lower on a retest then it may need to be further investigated

Customer:

Do you think it's possible that it's my esophagus that's giving me the chest pains? What other test should I get for chest pains and dizziness?

Dr. Brims :

Your esophagus can cause chest pains, a test called esophageal manometry will detect if you have spasms

Customer:

Ok. I'll request for that test. Is my cholesterol good too?

Customer:

Is it possible the squeezing I felt last Tuesday is just spasms?

Dr. Brims :

Yes, it is good

Dr. Brims :

Yes, it is possible

Customer:

Ok. Thanks.

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you still have questions or need clarification then please feel free to ask

Dr. Brims :

If not, please click a rating button to end this chat session

Customer:

The anxiety disorder, is there a test for that?

Customer:

Sorry this will be my last question as I am just taking a break.

Dr. Brims :

No, it is a diagnosis based on your symptoms

Customer:

Is it possible that I have it due to my chest pains and recent trips to ER?

Dr. Brims :

yes, it is very possible you have anxiety disorder

Customer:

How safe is the medication for anxiety? Is this the same with pills taken for depression?

Customer:

I've heard there's a lot of side effects on it too.

Dr. Brims :

They are safe, and many are the same used for anxiety

Dr. Brims :

The side effects are not serious

Customer:

I'll think about it. Thanks for your time.

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you have no other questions, please click a rating button to end this chat session

Customer:

I don't have any questions.