Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I would like to know if there is any way to know if my

girlfriend had an aboriton?...
i would like to know if there is any way to know if my girlfriend had an aboriton?
9/16/2013
Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Chris C. :

Hello! I will be assisting you today.

Chris C. :

There is no way for a person to know without seeing the medical history or an exam.

Chris C. :

This is an exam that could not be completed at home though.

Chris C. :

The medical records are covered under hipaa rules.

Chris C. :

So by law you would not be allowed to access them without her permission unless you were a spouse.

Customer:

i would like to know if my girlfriend had a aboriton

Chris C. :

Why do you suspect she had an abortion?

Chris C. :

Can you see my replies?

Customer:

if i give u her name u cant find out

Customer:

yes

Customer:

i was told she had a aboriton

Chris C. :

No this information would be contained in her dr office as well as the facility that completed the rocedure if it was done. The release of this information is against the law under hipaa rules.

Chris C. :

Have you discussed this with her?

Customer:

no but she did make a comment if she ever got pregnet she would not keep it

Chris C. :

I see. Unfortunately you cannot get access to any medical records of hers without her consent. If this is of great concern you should discuss it with her and she can give consent to prove that she has not had an abortion. Any other release of records to another person besides here is illegal and can cause the loss of professional license.

Chris C. :

These records are closely controlled.

Chris C. :

besides her

Customer:

ok i will try that thank you

Chris C. :

This is something I think you should discuss as you seem to have great concerns with it and if not dealt with the anxiety related to it will get worse.

Chris C. :

You are very welcome! Good Luck to you and thanks for using Just Answer!

Customer:

have a good day

Chris C. :

Please remember to rate my service today before you leave and come back with any other questions you may have.

Customer:

ok

Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Chris C.
Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse