How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 34678
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

ejaculate of 80 year old has been watery, small. approx. 2

This answer was rated:

ejaculate of 80 year old has been watery, small. approx. 2 per month.
recently has light tan appearance--shows on Kleenex.
is this common--or diet caused or??

Hello Dewey ,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

This can be caused by many conditions. This is not likely due to diet. The most common cause is inflammation of the seminal vesicles or prostate gland (prostatitis). It can also be due to a tear in one of the fragile veins of the prostate gland. Most of the time it heals spontaneously, without any treatment and color should stop (which can be due to blood or infection) in a week or so. If this persists, other causes should be looked for.

A physical examination by a urologist (doctors who will deal it) can give clue of the site of infection or pathology. Digital rectal examination, in which physician, puts a finger in the rectum to palpate prostate can reveal tenderness in prostate or seminal vesicles. A urine culture or semen culture can identify the organisms and their sensitivity towards the antibiotics. This can sometimes be self remitting also, but most of the times an antibiotic course would be required. If culture tests are normal, a trans rectal ultrasound (TRUS) may be needed for ascertaining the cause. Prostate hyperplasia may be one of the possibility.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Dr. Arun Phophalia and other Health Specialists are ready to help you