How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9275
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a burn caused by ACV trying to treat genital warts

This answer was rated:

I have a burn caused by ACV trying to treat genital warts almost two weeks ago. Today I felt fine and added the bacetracin ointment. My scrotum area now aches and burns. I'm wondering if an infection is present. I went to the ER the day after this happened. Is my skin irrated due to healing or otherwise? Very nervous!
I understand your worry and as you are using Bacitracin which is an antibiotic that prevents infection.
Even 1% hydrocortisone cream relieves itching.
Now if your symptoms are not relieving with topical application then you should take OTC Motrin 200 mg 8 hourly and Claritin for next 3-5 days.
If your symptoms'll persist then a clinical examination by your regular doctor and further blood work like Complete blood count,ESR should be considered.
I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just as a question do you see any signs of infection or problems? I found a small amount of blood while taking the picture though I dont know how that happened! Also I had sprayed it with the anti septic spray. Infection is my main concern.

As such the first picture show improvement and lesions appeared a bit healed as compared to last week.(On the penile shaft lower end)

Second and third pictures appear a bit unclear.

But from what i am see there appear to be folliculitis.(Inflammed hair follicles)

Probably you may consult your doctor and they may prescribe a cream like mupirocin.

This is a prescription topical antibiotic.(Better than bacitracin).

Dr. Anil and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you