Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have a cluster of red bumps on my scrotum now I had for 2

Customer Question
days. Im wondering what this...
I have a cluster of red bumps on my scrotum now I had for 2 days. Im wondering what this could be?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Health
9/11/2013
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 4 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Are these painful and tender?
Any history of unprotected / unsafe sex?
Any significant past history?
Could you please post a picture? This can be done by clicking on the paper clip icon for attaching it here on this thread. Or you may post it on a file sharing site and paste the link here.

Thank you.

They only itch. Yes my girlfriend and I have unprotected sex. We're had for for almost 2 yrs now and this is the first time ive had somsthing like this occur.

How big are the bumps?
Have you applied any cream?
Has your girl friend any kind of symptoms, discharge?
They are not to big id say about like a zit size almost like razor burn after shaving. My girlfriend has not symptoms or discharge.

Your symptoms are suggestive of folliculitis. Usually it resolves on its own (spontaneously) in a around a week or two. Warm compresses with white vinegar can help in early resolution and decrease the itching. Please read;

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/folliculitis-topic-overview

The other possibility of the diagnosis is yeast skin infection. Over the counter Monistat cream would help in it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Here is a picture

This looks more like a yeast infection. Monistat cream should be able to resolve the issue.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)