Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

Does the 6405N SAP check for alcohol in your system? I had a

Does the 6405N SAP check for alcohol in your system? I had a couple drinks today and have this test in the morning.
Chris C. :

6405n Sap 5 50 Gc MS is a urine drug test that tests for illegal drugs in an individual's system. This test normally looks for substances such as cocaine, cannabinoids, amphetamines, opiates and Phencyclidine. An extended test can reveal traces of alcohol, hydrocodone, mehqualone, propoxyphene and ecstasy.

Chris C. :

In a normal pre-employment test only the basic test is completed.

Chris C. :

So depending on the reson for the test they may do the extended test but this is not normal due to the additional cost involved.

Customer:

If for any reason they do do the extended test, how long would alcohol stay in my system? Would I be OK by tomorrow? My last drink was around 1pm PST. My test is at 10AM PST

Chris C. :

If the extended test is done they are not looking for the actual alcohol but a metabolite that stays in the system for quite some time. If they do the test for alcohol you will show a positive result.

Chris C. :

What is the reason for the testing?

Customer:

For work in a communication company

Chris C. :

As pre-employment?

Customer:

yes

Chris C. :

It is unlikely that the full screen will be done since it is considerably most costly than the basic test.

Chris C. :

This is normally only done in government situations or security clearance, etc.

Customer:

Good. This is not for a government job or security clearance.

Chris C. :

You should be fine then. The basic test will not be affected by the alcohol consumption.

Customer:

Thank you so much. I sure hope you're right and they only give me the basic test. Is there any way of knowing if they do give me the extended test?

Chris C. :

Unfortunately there is no way to know and if you were to ask it would raise a red flag that may cause the full test to be completed.

Customer:

Ok, I'll just try not to worry.