Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Thank you to those who tried to answer but on my smart phone

Thank you to those who tried to answer but on my smart phone it will not let me chat or see the answer. please send an email type message. I burned myself with Apple Cider Vinegar trying to treat HPV Warts. This affected by groin and penis shaft area. I have used bacetracin and antiseptic wash. I was recently told to use hydrocortizone .05-1% as well in the affected area. I used a little last night and today now the skin is turning darker red especially around the white scabs forming, which I had not noticed before this. Is it getting infected? Or is this signs of healing?
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Is there pain and tenderness?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dark redness on the shaft skin but only a slight pain tingling occasionally nothing too major.
Hello Aaron,

Your symptoms do not suggest any aggravation or deterioration. The hydrocortisone cream act as an anti-inflammatory agent and is usually advised when healing is delayed due to swelling or other signs of inflammation. There is a saying, "Healing is a rule, not exception." So nature will heal anything or everything. Treatment helps in early healing and assist the mother nature. Here, in your case, it is better that you continue applying bacitracin cream. This will prevent any infection. The healing will occur spontaneously. Individuals may have slight delay in healing but usually that is not worrisome, if there is no infection. Applying multiple creams also do not help. The hydrocortisone cream, has very slight risk of predisposing for the infection, so you may discontinue it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would send you a picture but the tool bar does not show up on my smart phone..is there any other way?
You may post the photo at file sharing site and than paste the link here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I will have to you shortly
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
https://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#7ubsqubvvm08f
Thanks Aaron.

I think it needs log in for pass word as photo does not show.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/7ubsqubvvm08f/Photos# ***** sorry this should work
Thanks Aaron,

This looks like healing tissue. There is apparently no sign of infection. This should get better and heal in next 5-7 days.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you doctor!
You are most welcome.