Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have what I think to be a cyst at the bottom/inside of my

I have what I think to be a cyst at the bottom/inside of my left butt cheek. It started bothering me a few days ago and since that time, it has gotten bigger and is painful to sit the wrong way or to walk. In the past when I've gotten something like this (although not in the same area) I've just waited until it's ruptured on it's own. This time though, the fluid has spread (the bottom of one of my cheeks looks slightly bigger than the other) and I can actually feel the fluid pocket. What really scares me is that it now feels as though I have some of that fluid near the area between my anus and testicles. Finally, out of the whole afflicted area, only one part of it (about the size of my finger) really hurts to push on it and I think thats where a "head" would form, but because of its location, I can't see it. What should I do?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Are you on any medications?
Have you noticed pain at the bottom of the spine?
Associated pus discharge through cyst?
Do you have severe pain on affected part?
Any other health or medical problems

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. Not on any medications currently.

2. No pain at the base of the spine.

3. No pus discharge from what I can tell as it doesnt seem to have ruptured yet.

4. The entire area if pretty sore but when I touch (not even apply pressure) the place where I felt like this started, it is painful to the touch.

5. Only medical condition I have is asthma.

Thanks for all these additional details.
I am sorry to hear about your problems.

It could be sebaceous cyst or an obstructed sweat gland.
Another possibility that is specific to this location is a Pilonidal cyst.

It could also be a Perianal abscess, this is infection of the soft tissue near and around the anus which originate from the anus.The abscess cavity varies in depth and severity and causes surrounding inflammation and cellulitis.

You can sit in warm tub, it would reduce pain and inflammation.
Also you can take painkiller like Tylenol. To reduce pain, you can take two tablets every eight hours.

You should apply ice packs or cold compresses on affected area to relieve swelling.After wiping, dab a small amount of Petroleum Jelly or Zinc Oxide on a cotton ball and apply to the swollen area.

You should take high-fiber foods , it include beans, whole grains,
bran cereals, fresh fruits, and vegetables such as asparagus,brussels sprouts,cabbage, and carrots.

Lifestyle changes are very helpful. It includes-
Healthy food and avoiding meat and oily items. You should add more fiber to the diet and eat regular meals.
Staying late nights is not advised. One should avoid alcohol and smoke Exercises and plenty of fluids would help.

You may also need prescription of antibiotics.
Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you feel as though I actually NEED to go to the hospital for this, or should following your advice do the trick? I've read in a lot of cases that the patient is given antibiotics and if thats actually something I NEED, I don't mind going for it....just didn't want to be forced to get it lanced and miss work for the next few days.

Thanks for asking follow up question.

At this time, i would suggest you to take painkiller and use cold compresses on affected parts.
Most likely, you would be free from symptoms in next 2-3 days.
Please follow above measures, and use wait and watch approach.

In case, symptoms, doesn't start to improve in next 3 days, then please see your doctor.