How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9155
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know that every guys has those little bumps from

This answer was rated:

I know that every guy's scrotum has those little bumps from which each hair protrudes. Two of my bumps, near where by scrotum meets my leg, are red right now, like a clogged gland or something. It doesn't really itch, but when I scratch on that small red part it feels a bit more sensitive. I saw it last night and it looks like it will be gone probably within a day or two. I have had a doctor look at the same thing before but I just want to know what it is.
Any history of unprotected sex?
Any discharge?
Are these bumps painful?
Burning and pain during urination?
Have you tried any medications?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no discharge, not painful, not unprotected sex in over two years, no burning or pain, no medications


this is the same thing i had a doctor look at before and he said it was like either jock itch or a clogged gland i think it was

Thanks for providing more information.

Probably these are hair follicles which are infected.
Medically this is called as folliculitis.
Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction.
Bacteria often enter through a small opening of a hair follicle.
Folliculitis is usually caused by staphylococcus aureus.Heat and sweat can aggravate folliculitis.
Folliculitis is treated with topical antibiotics.
Treatment may include antibiotics applied to the skin (mupirocin).

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Dr. Anil and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you