How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have a pulled right groin muscle from years of

This answer was rated:

I think I have a pulled right groin muscle from years of extensive workouts. In addition, I get a very dull ache off and on about one inch in from my right hip bone. I had a pelvic exam with my gyn and also checked for appendicitis and diverticulitis and all was fine. No other symptoms and had cbc and cmp which were all normal. Could this intermittent pain be related to the groin muscle or something more serious? Should I see a othropedic specialist?
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Is there any swelling?
When did the pain start exactly?
How frequently do you feel it?
How is urine?
Did you have X ray or any other test?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. There is not swelling, my inner thigh muscle gets sore after I walk for quite some distance. The off and on pain by my hip is probably once every two hours, last for just a second. Had my urine tested and it was fine. Have not had xrays.

Thank you Elane, for the information,
The pain in this area can be due to a few possibilities.
There can be a muscle spasm or strain.
An impingement of nerve can also cause pain to radiate to this part.
Arthritis of the hip can cause pain here.
This can be affected by posture, movement or position.
Pain from urinary colic as from infection, stone can be felt here but your urine test was normal.
Inflammation of intestine or colon have been ruled out by your doctor.
Skin inflammation, infection, hernia can be a source of pain here, but they should cause some local changes like swelling, redness etc.
I would advise to take an examination by orthopedic doctor as the pain is continuing.
Doctor can advise a few tests like X ray/ scan, nerve conduction tests etc. depending on clinical findings.
Meanwhile, you can pain medicine like tylenol for symptomatic relief.
I hope this information helps.
I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.
Please feel free for any follow up query.
Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and other Health Specialists are ready to help you