Karel1
Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist
Experience:  Have suffered with Narcolepsy a sleeping disorder over 30 years,specializes in asthma ,COPD
24118

I BEEN LOSTING A LOT OF SLEEP LATELY BECAUSE OF MY BACK

Customer Question

HI I BEEN LOSTING A LOT OF SLEEP LATELY BECAUSE OF MY BACK PAIN. THE BACK PAIN PROBLEM HAVE BEEN GOING FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS NOW BUT ONLY HAPPEN WHAT I FELT VERY TIRE.AND I WILL GO TO SLEEP 11;00 AND WAKE 4-5:00 A.M. AND CAN GO BACK TO SLEEP AFTER THATAND I DID NOT START WORK 10:00 A.M AND I ALSO WORK 7 DAY/WEEK SO THAT DID NOT HELP , SO I WAS SEEING IF YOU GOT ANY POWERFULL SLEEPING PILLS THAT CAN PUT TO SLEEP.
Category: Health
Expert:  Karel1 replied 4 years ago.

Sleeping pills is definitely something that you do not need, they are addicting and dangerous, what you need is to get some sort of pain management for your back, or muscle relaxer. I suggest you see an orthopedic doctor to see exactly what the problem is perhaps some physicial therapy, heating pad or ice helps, there are muscle relaxes, flexeril is one . For the sleepiness, you should try these tips. Sleeping pills will only give you more problems and screw up your sleep cycle which will only give you even more problems. You need to get the back pain under control. There are pain management centers now that also can help. Your local hospital can help you. also try these sleep tips to help you, they wont help with the pain, but maybe the sleeping.

TRY THESE TIPS RELIGIOUSLY FOR AT LEAST
4-6 WEEKS BUT MANY HAVE SEEN

RESULTS IN AS LITTLE AS TWO.

3 HOURS BEFORE BEDTIME, STAY AWAY
FROM,CAFFEINE, ALCOHOL, CHOCOLATE

EXERCISE,CARAMEL COLORED SODA LIKE
PEPSI,COKE, AND GINGER ALE.

ALL THESE MAKE FOR RESTLESS SLEEP.

30 MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME TAKE A HOT
BATH. LATEST RESEARCH FROM

JOHN HOPKINS IS THAT PUTTING THE HANDS
UNDER THE WATER ,PALMS UP, SEND IMPULSES TO THE BRAIN THAT IT IS TIME
TO RELAX FOR SLEEP.

15MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME, DRINK A GLASS
OF WARM PLAIN MILK. MILK WHEN HEATED CONTAINS TRYPTOPHAN , A NATURAL
AMINO ACID SLEEP INDUCER.

WHEN YOU GET INTO THE BED TAKE A FEW
DEEP BREATHS, YOU ALSO CAN SET YOUR RADIO FOR SOFT MELLOW MUSIC
HOWEVER, PUT IN ON A TIMER FOR 20 MINUTES.DO NOT TWIST AND TURN FOR
MORE THAN 20 MINUTES. IF SO GET OUT OF BED, GO INTO A DIFFERENT
ROOM, AND READ A BOOK OR MAGAZINE, NO TV OR COMPUTER. WHEN YOU START
TO DOZE, IMMEDIATELY GO BACK INTO THE BED. THIS RETRAINS THE BRAIN
INTO THINKING THAT THE BEDROOM IS FOR GOOD RECUPERATIVE SLEEP. DO
THIS AS MANY TIMES AS YOU AWAKEN THRU THE NITE. IT WILL LESSON AS
THE WEEKS GO ON.

IF AFTER 6 WEEKS, NO IMPROVEMENT IS
SEEN YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL AND ASK FOR THE NEAREST
SLEEP DISORDER UNIT TO HAVE YOUR SLEEP MONITORED.

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO SLEEPNET.COM FOR
MORE SLEEP FORUMS.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Karel1 replied 4 years ago.
The 2 main sleep ing pills which most doctors would try are either lunesta or ambien 5 or 10mg. .But understand these are for short term only. No sleeping pills should be used for long term due to one becoming physchologically addictive to them. You can try and ask your physician for either one of these. However you must give yourself at least 8 hours from the time you take it as it can leave one foggy during the day if you for example take it and had to be at work 5 hours later.