Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

What does hands were ool to touch and quite erythematous

mean what is it from- i...
what does hands were ool to touch and quite erythematous mean
what is it from- i have alot going on and i would like to know some reasons
8/31/2013
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Dear customer,
Welcome back.I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:
Do you feel cold hands & redness in hands/palm?
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Any known medical illness?
I am online and is waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

everyone stops me on the street and asked me why my hands are red

i have hypothyrodism but they were never this red

i thought i had lupus - or raynards- they haven't confirmed that

i thought it was circulation problems or from a nerve injury

Dear Wendy,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:
The symptoms you have described can be due to Raynaud's phenomenon, which is a condition in which the blood vessels are sensitive to cold temperatures and constrict too much in response to exposure.The smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas.
Another possibility is of diabetes/high blood sugar level.The other cause of cold hand or fingers is vaso-occlusion which happens when one or more of the blood vessels in the hand or wrist become blocked.
There are no simple tests that your doctor can use to see if you have Raynaud’s disease.Clinical examination is required.
When someone experiences abnormal reactions to cold and has another vascular disease (such as lupus, scleroderma or rheumatoid arthritis), this process is called Raynaud's phenomenon.
So most probably the cause of your symptoms can be raynaud's or circulation disorders.
There are medications that relax muscle in the walls of arteries and counter any restriction of blood flow (vasodilators).These are relatively safe and can be quite effective.
Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for the tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
Thank you! *****
Dr. Charles

which doctors do you go to? i go to skin doctor they say nothing is wrong

go to remetoligist they say nothing

what about a vascular doctors?

does it have anything to do with nerve entrapment

if i have a bone spur in a muscle in my shoulder - i can't lift my shoulder now and it seems that is causeing my cold hands or a bone spur in my wrist cauesing obstrution - i have no grip strengtht also and numbnesss and arthritis and my hands are flat like i am loosing fat pad

it seems like everydoctor passes me around - which doctors diagonsis with me this and what does one do about it?

Dear Wendy,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.
You need to consult the vascular doctor for this.They are the specialized doctor of blood vessels diseases.
If you have bone spurs or other bony projections,that can be the cause of pressure on blood vessels/occlusion of blood vessels resulting in improper circulation & hence these symptoms.
Calcium deposits can build up on the bones and push on the nerves & blood vessels.One of these calcium deposits is called a "spur." The medical name is "osteophyte," which means a bony projection.
A well-rounded rehabilitation program assists in calming pain and inflammation, improving your mobility and strength, and helping you do your daily activities with greater ease and ability.There are medications that relax muscle in the walls of arteries and counter any restriction of blood flow (vasodilators).
Other treatments will be prescribed after confirming that what exactly is causing this obstruction & improper blood circulation.
So I advice you to make an appointment with your vascular doctor for to confirm the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped
Thank you! *****
Dr. Charles

you have to be a detective

everytime i move my shoulder it moves - i already had shoulder surgery

i had a labrum tear- i think the redness is from the shoulder and muscle atrophy

i do have calcium deposits / ostephytes in my neck and shoulder muscle atrophy and stenosis

what vascular drug are you refering to

what is palma erythema

Dear Wendy,
Yes,as you have the calcium deposits,bony spurs & atrophy disorders,these can be the most probable cause of your condition.
Your doctor may also prescribe vasodilator drugs that are commonly used to treat other conditions, but may effectively relieve the symptoms of Raynaud's.These include losartan (Cozaar),sildenafil,fluoxetine etc.
Palmar erythema is a reddening of the skin on the palmar aspect of the hands, usually over the hypothenar eminence.Palmar erythema can be a feature of chronic liver disease, pregnancy, thyrotoxicosis, rheumatoid arthritis, polycythaemia.
Hope this helped
Thank you! *****
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor

can i ask yo what is a high igf-1 mean on blood work

Dear Wendy,
IGF-1 means Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1.
IGF-1 is produced by many tissues, but the liver is the main source of circulating IGF-1. IGF-1 is the major mediator of the anabolic and growth-promoting effects of growth hormone (GH).
It plays an important role in childhood growth and continues to have anabolic effects in adults.
IGF-1 is used by physicians as a screening test for growth hormone deficiency and excess in acromegaly and gigantism.
Elevated serum IGF-1 levels indicate a sustained overproduction of GH.Elevated IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 levels support the diagnosis of acromegaly or gigantism in individuals with appropriate symptoms or signs.
So high IGF-1 indicates over production of growth hormone & may indicate acromegaly or gigantism.
Hope this helped
Thank you! *****
Dr. Charles
Source:
http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/interpretive-guide/?alpha=I&unit_code=35100
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Hi Wandy
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Have you consulted your vascular doctor?
What was final diagnosis made?
Let me know,
Dr.Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor