Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

Please help. Im terrified that i have pancreatic cancer. I

Please help. Im terrified that i have pancreatic cancer. I have looked over things on the internet and it says that tan stool can indicate that. My stools continue to chance. This morning it was dark brown, then this afternoon it was light brown/tan/yellow. My stools are usually dark brown in the morning but then get lighter as the day goes on. This has been going on for a few weeks. Being only 25, i cant even enjoy life because im so scared. I did have blood work done in March and everything came back normal on my pancreas and liver but i think i still have a serious problem.
Associated blood in stool?
Intermittent constipation and diarrhea?
Mucus in stool?
Are you taking any medicines?
Pain abdomen?
Bloating and flatulence?
Alcohol and smoking history?
Any other medical illness?
Stress and anxiety issues?
Heartburn,nausea?
Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No blood in stool. I do have mucus in stool...sometimes for noticeable then other times cause my stools are literally changing stool by stool almost. Im taking hysocemean? its something for IBS. had a colonoscopy and endoscopy back in March and the GI put me on the medicine after. I have pain in left rib cage, but i saw my primary doctor on wednesday and he examed me and said i had floating rib syndrome. it hurt bad when he pressed on my rib, but no pain when he pushed on my upper adbomen. im very gassy, especially in the morning. I have smoked since i was 18. no other medical illness or heartburn and nausea. im very nervous all the time.

Thanks for providing additional information.
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
As per your description,i want to assure you that chances of pancreatic cancer are very low and you shouldn't worry at all.
Your symptoms are suggestive of Irritable bowel syndrome,Colitis.
And you should start Metamucil and Mylanta.
Do yoga,meditation,regular exercises.
Limit your smoking intake.
Avoid spicy food,caffeine.
Start probiotics.
Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

heres what concerns me. the colonoscopy went well and the doc saw nothing. wouldnt he see something that would point out IBS or colitis? im just so very scared.

IBS is a functional disorder and there is no pathological abnormality found in colonoscopy.
So IBS is the main contributing factor in your symptoms.
Apart from this,colitis can be acute in your case and it usually subside by it's own and if your symptoms'll not improve then consult a Gastroenterologist for a clinical exam.
You shouldn't worry about cancer as it's not possible in your case.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.