How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17823
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have stinging above my right ankle in the lower front part

This answer was rated:

I have stinging above my right ankle in the lower front part of leg. Just had an cortisone injection to a nerve in my left ankle. So I am going trough walking again. 3 years of foot and ankle pain in left foot and now stinging in right foot. What could it be?
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Is there any redness, swelling?
Is the area warm to touch?
In which part exactly?
What does aggravate the stinging?
Which tests were taken for left ankle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The stinging hurts when I push off on my toes, climbing stairs. No redness , a little swelling, just finished icing it so not sure of the warm feeling to touch. The stinging is right above the ankle in the front going up my leg.
On my left foot it started when I was at Disneyland and walking to fast with bad shoes. Pain went from the heel traveling under the middle part of foot to toes. Got ct scan, 2 mri's, acupuncture , PRP treatments, prolotherapy , chiropractor physical therapy for 6 months and 3 cortisone and 7 specialist! Foot still hurts but the only thing that helped was one cortisone shot 2 weeks ago. The expert said it was a nerve. Maybe I have MS? Or a nerve problem? Who should I see. Always crying
Did those CT or MRI show any changes of MS or nerve compression?
Did you consult neurologist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, MRI just showed partial torn anterior tibula fibula ligament. Cyst, tendinitis of the Petronius long us or pelvis tendon. No signs of ms. Can you refer a specialist in Orange County ? I have pop insurance. I don't need a referral
Thank you for the information.
There can be a few possibilities for the new pain.
As it occurred during climbing stairs there can be a muscle strain, pull.
The pain can get worse on movements like pushing toes, climbing stairs.
A nerve impingement is also possible.
It does not seem to be MS as repeated CT or MRI did not show such changes.
As the pain is getting worse, I would suggest to take an examination by general physician first for this pain.
Meanwhile, you can take antiinflammatory analgesics like motrin or naproxen, if there is no other contraindication.
Please try to keep the leg at rest.
However, for the chronic pain you can consult a neurologist.
On line referral would not be helpful.
You can consult neurological department of an university hospital.
I hope this information helps.
I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.
Please feel free for any follow up query.
Dr. Saha and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you