Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

For 4 months they legs and hips have been in severe pain its

For 4 months they legs and hips have been in severe pain its very hard to walk the musles feel that there cramoed in knots my hips are very stiff went to the doctors and they put me on steriods for a week but as soon as they were done it all began agian I have always had rls for years and it also effects my arm now for some reason I have back pain always ..but my legs above my knees up to my hips are very painful its becoming so hard to walk I can barely can work anymore I really need to know whats causeing this. Thank you

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

May I ask what tests you have had?

Customer:

I had no test just the streirods and flexeral was precribed

Dr Brims :

Okay, then this may be due to polymyalgia rheumatica

Dr Brims :

It is an autoimmune condition that causes weakness and pain

Dr Brims :

To diagnose it, you would need a test called an ESR

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Can you see my replies?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

Because i just woke up one morning and could barley walk its like myupper legs are so stiff .this just comes on all at time ? My hip also have knots one them like buldging out further and if I push on the its a sharp stabbing pain.

Dr Brims :

Did you see my replies above?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

I been looking up what you suggested some of it seems right but not everything also sorry being skiw here on my ebd trying to get my com l uter to act right I am using my cell phone

Dr Brims :

Okay, you need to have the blood tests to determine the exact cause

Customer:

I do not have insurance for doctors and test ..I noticed looking up what u suggested it metioned headaches I have had migranes for years I was precibed everything under the dun and had a ijection done every other day nothing has ever helped my head aches

Dr Brims :

You cannot diagnose this based on your symptoms alone, to determine if you have polymyalgia rheumatica you need to have the blood test called an ESR

Customer:

Ok thanks and are there any other sugestions other then that one I am not trying to panic I have been looking up several reasons for this from artherits to fibermyalgia. To sickle cell ..I do panic a bit for the reason of all the cancer in my famiky and also I have had four surgerys already removing tumors

Dr Brims :

I don't think this is cancer and I don't thin you need to panic

Dr Brims :

I thin you have polymyalgia rheumatica or fibromyalgia

Dr Brims :

I think you have polymyalgia rheumatica or fibromyalgia

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions , please click a rating button to end the chat session

Customer:

I do have other que s tions but my computer is messing maybe I can talk to u more tomarro thank you