Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

OK I JUST GOT OVER HAVING MY PERIOD CPL DAYS AGO WAS USING

OK I JUST GOT OVER HAVING MY PERIOD CPL DAYS AGO WAS USING TAMPONS.I ALSO USED THE SUMMERS EVE BODY WASH DOWN THERE AFTER.WELL I HAD SEX LAST NIGHT AND TODAY I WOKE UP HAVING A REALLY BAD ODOR ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN ITS LIKE NOT FISHY BUT ITS LIKE A SWEATY POOP SMELL LIKE I WAS SMELLING FROM BHIND AFTER BEING REALLY SWEATY..IVE NEVER SMELT IT BEFORE KINDA FREAKS ME OUT AND ALSO A YELLOW DISCHARGE LIKE BRIGHT YELLOW . I WANNA AVOID HAVING TO GO TO DOCCTOR UNLESS IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I NEED TO GO BUT IF I CAN GET SOMETHING OVER THE COUNTER FIRST TO TRY..THERE IS ALSO NO PAIN WHEN URINATING OR BURNING OR ITCHING JUST THE SMELL AND YELLOW..WHAT SHOULD I DO
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Did you forget to remove any tampon?
How much is the discharge?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well probably had tampons in longer than I should have used regular when I should have used next one up..Also its not that much discharge but its like I can feel myself leaking or something and I go check and there is some wetness with yellow color and that smell again..

Thank you for the information.
If the tampon remains longer there can be bacterial infection.
This can cause yellow discharge & bad smell.
Other possibilities like bacterial vaginosis as you know can cause fishy smell.
But it may not be apparent at the start.
Trichomoniasis is another infection which can give yellow greenish discharge with smell.
I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.
The discharge needs to be tested.
Over the counter medicines would not help as the possibility of bacterial infection is more.
Please avoid douching or scented liquid to clean.
Use plain water for cleaning the area.
I hope this information helps.
I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.
Please feel free for any follow up query.
Regards.