Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

My husband is in prison and was diagnose with hepatitis, but

Hello my husband is in prison and was diagnose with hepatitis, but he is wating for the results to what type, he is asking me to get cheked, is there any simptoms to it? is this a really dangerous disease?
Hi--do you know if he has any symptoms right now? I assume his liver enzymes were elevated?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the only simptons he had, and thats why they did like a whole medical check up was becuase he got like a flue and alot of mucus.

OK. There are three types of hepatitis that are viral and one called alcoholic hepatitis and I guess thus far we can't know which he has. If it's hepatitis A--the type that people get from eating food prepared by someone who'd got it--that can make you ill but most people get over it and that's that. Hepatitis B and C, on the other hand, are much more serious, although some people can be infected for years without any symptoms or liver problems. Many times that's just followed with blood work and viral titers but if the titers rise one may need a liver biopsy and be placed on medications like interferon which is an antiviral medication. Some people live long and good lives even with hepatitis B and C, but some people do get cirrhosis and liver failure and may need a liver transplant. Alcoholic hepatitis is usually short lived so long as one completely abstains from alcohol. Wish I could give you more information here, but without knowing exactly what kind of hepatitis he might have I really can't say more at this time. Once the rest if the blood work gets back, if you'd like, I'll be glad to discuss that more with you on a new question page
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for the imformation, and yes as soon as he tells me what type is it i will let you know so you can help me.

I'll be happy to but please remember to rate my service to you