Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I was using prodoflixo to treat warts and now my penis is

I was using prodoflixo to treat warts and now my penis is swollen and painfull and also the prodoflixo got on to mu healthy skin and it is also swollen and red and kinda raw what do u suggest
Hi--when did you start using the podofilox and how many times did you apply it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Its my first week. I have applied it 3 times
OK. You basically have a first degree burn of the skin of your penis. This happens even on the wart but especially on the normal skin around it when a little too much is applied. No real damage done here but what you need to do is apply either calendula cream or an aloe vera emollient three times a day and stop the podofilox for now. Three times is more than enough for now to treat the warts--the effect continues even when you no longer apply it. Once all the redness and tenderness subsides, you can reapply the medication but I suggest only once a week
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What or will this help with the swelling
Only time for now, although you could try taking some ibuprofen and either Claritin or Zyrtec to allieviate the inflammatory response.