Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have dark reddish areas on either side of my neck,

I have dark reddish areas on either side of my neck, sometimes a bit on my jawline as well. Had it a couple of years. Not raised, not itchy, not flaky, - just pigment. I'm 43 yr old caucasian female. Not overweight, not diabetic, not cancer, not allergic, not related to anything contacting my neck.
Cause?
Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name is***** and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Are the patches constant or they come and go?

Customer:

They get darker and less so but there is always something. Maybe I should add that it appears to be a grouping of spots of varying size.

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be either eczema or tinea versicolor (both of them may exist without itching and are not raised)

Dr Brims :

tinea versicolor is a fungal infection

Customer:

Is it possible it's related to entering perimenopause?

Dr Brims :

That is unlikely

Customer:

A 2 year fungal infection that spreads no where else?

Dr Brims :

Either eczema or a fungal infection, both can last 2 years or more

Customer:

Okay, thanks.

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you require any further clarification please let me know

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future you may request me "Dr Brims" and I will answer