Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

HERE GOES AGAIN. YOU WIPED ME OUT. I HAVE BEEN RETAINING

HERE GOES AGAIN. YOU WIPED ME OUT.
I HAVE BEEN RETAINING WATER IN BOTH LEGS FOR ABOUT 3 MOS. I WAS PUT ON WATER PILLS ONCE A DAY AND WHEN THAT DIDNT WORK THE DR SAID 4 PILLS A DAY FOR 3 DAYS, NO SUCCESS THERE EITHER. NEXT HE SENT ME TO A VASCULAR DR WHO 'CAPPED' A VEIN FROM MY GROIN TO MY ANKLE. STILL RETAINING WATER.
SOME BACKGROUND:
I HAD MY RIGHT FOOT OPERATED ON FOR PLANTERS FACIITIS WHICH WENT FINE. THEN A YEAR AGO I HAD THE OTHER FOOT DONE WHICH WAS A FAILURE. IT SEEMS NO ONE CAN HELP EITHER PROBLEM AND I'M NOT SURE IF ONE IS RELATED TO THE OTHER. I ALSO HAVE ONE KIDNEY AS I DONATED ONE BACK IN 1997.
Hello, welcome to the site!
My name is***** and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
I am sorry to hear about this
Can you list the medication you have tried and doses?
Hi--have you had Doppler venous flow studies in both legs to look for a deep venous clot? The capping--was that a stripping of the saphenous vein?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JUST ULTRASOUND

YES, STRIPPING OF THE SAPHENOUS VEIN LEFT LEG.

OK--did the vascular surgeon have any thoughts on why exactly you have the problem?
Did you see my question about the doses of medication and the name?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YES, SEE ABOVE

You mentioned water pills, but you did not mention the names, nor the doses. I would like to know both to determine further treatment you may need that can help
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

F UROSEMIDE (LASIX) 20MG 1 P/D FOR 10DAYS

THEN 4 P/D FOR 3 DAYS

Have you ever tried metolazone with the lasix?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NO I HAVE NOT.

Okay, you should ask your doctor to try metolazone AND lasix together, they have a synergistic effect, and are very effective in reducing edema in the lower limbs
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IF YOUR SUGGESTION WORKS I WOULD CERTAINLY

RATE YOU EXCELLENT SERVICE.THANKS SO MUCH

You're welcome