911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

I am having a feeling of having to pee in the tip of my

i am having a feeling of having to pee in the tip of my urethra. i had a culture test done and everything came back negative for stds. any clue as to what this could be?
911Doctor :

how long have you had this sensation and are you sexually active?

911Doctor :

if you are sexually active when was the last time you had sex?

911Doctor :

standing by

Customer:

ive only had it for about two weeks and got it after receiving oral sex for about 15 seconds

911Doctor :

okay

911Doctor :

did they do the urine std test or the one where they actually do a swab inside the tip of the penis?

Customer:

but everything came back as negative

Customer:

culture test

Customer:

yes

911Doctor :

okay

Customer:

and they did a simple urine test for uti

911Doctor :

and they didn't try antibiotics anyway?

Customer:

they did

Customer:

but when the tests came back negative they told me stop taking

911Doctor :

did you notice any improvement on the antibiotics?

Customer:

a little yeah.

Customer:

but my question is... if everything came back negative what is this?

911Doctor :

i wish i could tell you what it is, the fact is that you still have irritation in the urethra, and sometimes the culture will miss an infection, especially with chlamydia, which, in men, can be largely asymptomatic or mild.

Customer:

and i dont have any of those symptoms. no burning while urinating, no discharge, no blod no itching

911Doctor :

have you set yourself up to revisit your doctor?

Customer:

no

Customer:

thanks for your time

911Doctor :

so you simply have the urge to urinate and you feel it is coming from the tip of the penis, inside the urethrra

911Doctor :

?

911Doctor :

didn't mean to end the chat, there are other things that you can find on that link.... orchitis or epididymitis for example, can be associated with std's and can cause this type of symptom, though usually they DO cause pain. there is a medicine called pyriduim which is not an antibiotic but numbs the urinary tract which might provide relief, but the key with you is to get back with your doctor because the first tests may well have been falsele negative. i wish i had THE answer for you but something is clearly amiss and it would be wise to get rechecked. . have a good day and thanks for your question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that is it

okay,
so something is clearly amiss and it would be wise to get rechecked in case the first tests were false negatives. the fact you got better on the antibiotics argues that this may be the case. i wish i could tell you what this is, i can't, but i can tell you it is abnormal and needs another check.

one benign thing to consider is if you are using any new soaps or detergents or even clothing. irritation, mechanical or by irritating soaps and chemicals, can cause discomfort at the tip of the urethra. repeated sex or masturbation can also do this and there is no infection, just a feeling of discomfort and need to urinate. this is likely to be the cause with you but at two weeks, unless you continue the irritation (whatever the source) i would expect it to have cleared by now.

i hope this has been helpful.

good luck