Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

About 12 days after I had sex with a women that the condom

was broken for a few...
About 12 days after I had sex with a women that the condom was broken for a few minutes before I pulled out and ejaculated I began experiencing weird things with my body. A few days later the woman admitted to me that she was a escort or call girl! I came down with the chills and night sweats and was running a temperature of 97 degrees. the sweats lasted 12 hours or so but I can't shake the cold feeling. I have had a full 12 hour period that felt like little burning and stinging sensations all over my body. My bowel movements have changed and I have begun to be cramped and for 2-3 days my stool was clay colored and semi soft. I have been nauseous in the mornings more than once and a few times during the day. I had a headache all day today and I don't get headaches ever. I am developing a sore throat as we speak for some reason. Now I am coming down with the chills but I am no where near a thermometer so I don't know if I am finally running a fever. Could this be HIV or another std. Am I just freaking out? Or is this something serious and what could it be?
8/18/2013
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:
Have you developed these symptoms after just knowing that she is a escort?
Is there any lesions or symptoms on penis?
Do you feel fatigue?
Is there diarrhea?
I am online and is waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

No I did not. I developed the stinging sensations first. The next day the chills and sweats. Then I found out.

No lesions.

As for fatigue I am assuming that means extremely tired? If so then no, but maybe more tired than usual today.

Not diarrhea as of now. Had a normal bowel movement today but still bloated and cramped.

Dear *****,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:
I know this is not going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.
The symptoms you are having can be due to HIV infection.
Once infected with HIV, a person may or may not experience any symptoms. Symptoms related to HIV are usually due to an infection in part of the body.The symptoms include include fever that lasts for a few days.
Other symptoms of HIV infection are: prolonged periods of chills and sweats, and chronic or long-lasting fatigue for which other causes have been ruled out. Other symptoms are:Lack of energy,weight loss,frequent fevers and sweats,Unexplained weight loss,Oral thrush,Recurring yeast infections.
As your condom broke before you pulled out your penis,this is considered as unprotected sex.
Although without tests it cannot be confirmed,but these symptoms can be of HIV infection.Considering your symptoms & having a unprotected(condom breakage) sexual encounter with an escort,it is always advised to have HIV & other STD tests done.
As you had already given your sample for testing,lets wait for the report & hope for the good news to rule out HIV infection.
Hope this helped
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
Thank you! *****
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor

What would you say the chances are that I am infected?

Dear *****,

I am happy to answer your follow up question & I can understand your concern & worry.

It would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Although the chances or probability cannot be predicted exactly as the symptoms of HIV vary greatly in each individual.But considering all your symptoms,I can say that there is great possibility that these symptoms can be due to HIV infection.Exactly it can be revealed & confirmed only after the test reports.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

In your answer it says a fever that lasts a few days, isn't a fever over 98.6 degrees?

I have been closely monitoring my temperature. Just got one now at 97.8 degrees. Is that a good or bad sign?

Dear *****,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.
Fever is considered when a human's body temperature goes above the normal range of 36-37C (98-100F).
A temperature above 99'F is considered as fever & cause of concern.
Your temperature of 97.8 is not considered as fever.So this is a good sign.
But final diagnosis can only be made after the tests reports.
Hope this helped
Thank you! *****
Dr. Charles

The tests all came back negative but I still have chills in my spine. Am I to assume the antigen tests are accurate. If they are, why do I still have the chilled spine?

Dear *****,
Its good to know that all your tests came out to be negative.
Unfortunately, these types of HIV tests aren't accurate immediately after infection because it takes time for your body to develop these antibodies — usually up to 12 weeks.
Most people develop detectable HIV antibodies within 6 to 12 weeks of infection. Getting tested earlier than 3 months may result in an unclear test result, because at this time you may not have developed antibodies to HIV.So it is best to wait for at least 3 months to have the HIV test.
It would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.So I advice you to have repeat test for HIV after 12 weeks from sexual encounter.
Hope this helped
Thank you! *****
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor