Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

My wife does not eat much. She gets very week but has no

My wife does not eat much. She gets very week but has no appetite.
We are both concerned.
She has been examined by Doctors and nothing is physical or the result of an illness.
Doctors do not pay attention or help anyone who does not eat, especially because
she does not look unhealthy. They make no suggestions.
She is 68 years old,
She wears a denture and tastes some of the glue. Because of past dental problems she
got accustomed to not eating. She also has acid reflex and sometimes throws up after eating.
How can we stimulate her appetite? Who can help her.
This is a serious problem.
Since our society is busy fighting obesity, no one treats her situation as important.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Have you checked her liver function like the enzyme levels?

Is she very thin?

How do you describe her weakness: dizziness, fatigue etc?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

all test have been done by many doctors

no - she weighs 115 her normal is 120 - 123

loose bowel movement - constant diarrhea, fatigue

Chronic diarrhea should be thoroughly examined. Some of the important causes for such diarrhea are: Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, microscopic colitis and irritable bowel syndrome. I do not know if the doctor's that have seen her examined these conditions but it is strongly recommended that you talk to your care provider about it.

Unless the diarrhea is resolved, she is not likely to improve.

The low appetite may be related to the diarrhea.

Get a stool culture done right now . Next step would be to get a colonoscopic examination of the gut and get a biopsy done. This will give you the exact cause for the diarrhea.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

For new or follow up questions, please request me as Dr. Bora in the opening statement of the question.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you! Bonuses would be appreciated.
Hello Howard, what is your next question? I did not recieve it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

all tests have been done

every doctor says the same thing and we get no ware for years

I need someone to recommend a practitioner who can get my wife to eat

She has been tested for all of the above

every doctor wants to test and test

years ago Doctors just knew

Can you help?

I understand your frustration Howard.

Yes, I know the cause for such prolonged diarrhea as I have already cited in my last answer. These are:Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, microscopic colitis and irritable bowel syndrome.

Now, most of these conditions have a similar presentation so it is difficult to determine the condition unless you get a colonoscopic biopsy.

However, if you do not want to get her to do any more tests, she should be treated symptomatically. What I mean is that your doctor could treat her most prominent symptoms like low appetite with drugs like mitrazepine. Diarrhea can be treated with drugs like loperamide but this cannot be continued for a long period due to side effects. So, the cause for the symptoms should ideally be determined.

I hope my answer has helped you.

I hope you understand my point.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The Doctor is correct with his questions.
She has been tested by many Doctors over the years.
She has to eat. Someone must have an answer
instead of tests.
Appetite Stimulant etc.
There
Why did you re list my answer? I have already answered all your questions.

Yes, she needs an appetite stimulant like mitrazepine and megestrol acetate combination. This combination has been seen to work but the results are highly individualized.However, these are prescription medicines and you need to talk think you did not your doctor about this.

I had already mentioned to you about mitrazepine, but I think you did not read my answer .

Hello Howard,
How are you? How is your wife doing?
i have put in my best to help you. If you still need more help, I am there for you.
If you do not have any more questions, please give credit for my answer by leaving behind a "good rating".
Thanks,
Dr. Bora.