How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Josh Your Own Question
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5320
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some pus coming out my penis and it burns when I pee.

This answer was rated:

I have some pus coming out my penis and it burns when I pee. I had unprotected anal sex last weekend. And I find there's pus on my underwear this morning. Is it STD? Please help me
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
What is the color of pus discharge?
Are you passing blood mixed with urine?
Chills or fever?
Any other health or medical problems
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the color is of pus is like semen but a bit green

i'm not pissing blood

my body temperature is normal

Brandon, Thanks for all these additional details.
I am sorry to hear about your problems.
It could be STD like gonorrhea or Chlamydia, both of these are curable with medications.
UTI do not cause green discharge. So, most likely you would be suffering from STD.
Some of the common symptoms with gonorrhea are-
-burning sensation when urinating, or a white, yellow, or green discharge from the penis that usually appears 1 to 14 days after infection.
Gonorrhea can be cured with the right treatment.
It is important that your partner should be tested and treated at the same time.
Penile discharge is diagnosed by finding white blood cells (neutrophils or pus cells) on a urethral swab or
'first catch' urine sample (that is urine taken from when you first begin to pass water).
I would recommend you to get Urinalysis and Urine culture for further evaluation.
I suggest you to consult an Urologist or GUM clinic
(Genito -Urinary Medicine )for further evaluation and get appropriate management.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5320
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Dr. Josh and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can u tell me how much these tests gonna cost me?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Sounds very consistant with either an E. Coli infection (from the unprotected anal sex) or from the STD as metioned earlier...specifically Gonorrhea. The STD tests can be done at your local health department for free or a very very low cost or will run around $150 at a local urgent care. Make sure if you have any sexual contact that you use protection during this time as you could spread the infection to others. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Related Health Questions