Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Seriously a seizure? I dont want to tell my psychiatrist

Seriously a seizure? I dont want to tell my psychiatrist i abused the ativan
Seizures are a definite possibility if you stop cold turkey. So how much of it do you have left?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Less than 30
And when are you supposed to see her again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sept 5
Well, so long as you take only one a day that'll last you until you see her so no real problem here. But at least we got you to admit you abuse drugs
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Real proud moment for me to admit i abuse drug. Does that make you happy
No, not happy but at least you see what I was getting at. And if you can abuse drugs, you can abuse alcohol too
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im kinda pissy now. You didnt have to point out that i admitted i had a drug party
Yes I did, and really you were the first on this page to use the word abuse
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Whatever
Whatever back at you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its bullshit. I dont have a legit abuse problem
What exactly is a legit abuse problem? And what's your definition of abuse?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Abuse something everyday. Anuse to me means you crave something and you take more than you should everyday
Not so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Whatever. Im wrong your right. You want a gold star or somethibg for being right
No thanks. I can't help it if you don't like the term. But if you're mad at me it must be because you think I'm right. Otherwise there'd be no need to be mad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im mad at you because i think it makes you happyto tell me im an Abuser. And like some how that makes you better than me
That's your problem with the self esteem issue. I've had to tell a lot of people they were either abusers or addicts but it never gives me an ounce of pleasure to do so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont believe you
Fine--believe whatever you'd like then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think one ativan a day is going to help my anxiety? I shiuldntve been on it this long
It should help but you really can't afford more than one a day since you'd run out before you see your psychiatrist again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Then how about i just stop them? I dont think they help anyways. Have you noticed any decrease in my anxiety since i started it. How about i take it everyother day? I def. need to take it on the 28th
You run a real risk of a seizure if you stop cold turkey. One every other day at least would prevent that from happening. No, I haven't noticed any decrease in your anxiety but again I don't consider your anxiety treatable with medication
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is your dr friend going to agree with you on this? Its only 1mg a day unless i drink then its like 4 mg. she shoulda never put me on this med
Yes, anyone would agree that there's a risk of a seizure. You can always take the risk and see what happens, but I wouldn't advise it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it a big
Risk?
Doesn't matter when it comes to a seizure--you might have it while you're driving or be in some situation where you could get seriously injured when it happened
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont care if i get injured
What about someone else if you have a car wreck then?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I wont risk hurting someone elae
I don't understand. You could have a seizure out of the blue without any warning and if you were driving you could very well hurt someone else
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Then i wont risk not taking it
Good. One a day or if you have to one every other day won't be a risk
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1/2 tab BID
That's fine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do i tell her if shecwants me to continue it? Idont think i should be on it any longer than i have been.
Tell her it isn't helping and that you think you have the kind of anxiety that needs therapy to treat instead of medication
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The first time i met her i told her medications didnt work because im not chemically screw up. And she said she didnt agree. And when i saw her last time she told me if i was taking the ativan how i was suppose to there is no way my anxiety would be that vad
I guess she's just one psychiatrist that thinks there's a medication for everything.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont like being on a med
That i cant just stop
So wean off and stop it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She wants me in it. She said if i ever want to get better i need to take it
You need a different psychiatrist then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know. I told her the first day i met her that i dont want to be on meds. I told her the zoloft doesnt work and i wanted to stop it she ibstead decides to increase it
So go with the Mayo psychiatrist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cant go
To mayo once a month to see the psychiatrist
Any other psychiatrists nearby?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have another one at my clinic but he doesnt deal with eating disorders so he wont see me. Woodland centers has a couple but its a many month wait to get in.
No suggestions then except to confront your psychiatrist with the fact that the meds don't work
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If i lie on the GAD-7 then she might notthink i need the meds
Perhaps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But i dont lie
I didn't think that's what you were referring to but I have a problem with a psychiatrist that only takes testing like that to make a diagnosis and to quantify that diagnosis
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She said it makes it look like shes not doing her job when my scores are high
Her job is to give you therapy not to artificially alter the numbers with meds
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Whens my head going to be done being sore? I called my gi drs nurse and waiting for a call back. I am so nervous for my appt with urology
No more on the urology thing. A bump on the head may be sore for a few days
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Youre not going to let me discuss something tgat is worrying me significantly
No--we've talked about the reason for going and gone over the procedure and the sedation--there's nothing more to say about it and discussing it isn't going to help your anxiety one bit
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So they will sedate me if i ask them
Yes--now let it go
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I really want to have a drink
I knew that a long time ago
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Howd u know that? I just talked to my gu dr. He wanta me on cipro and flagyl for a couple weeks. Ad he wants me to go to urgent care today and get checked out
Why the get checked out part. And, remember, you're talking to a recovering alcoholic and I have a sixth sense about when people are wanting a drink. The key was when out of nowhere you mentioned that you slept better when you drank
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I hes mad the er didnt last night. He said if they would have done their job thered be no meed for me to go to urgent care. And fyi i have a drink opened
The GU doc? And why the Cipro and Flagyl?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The gi dr. Because he thinks i could have an infection even though everything was normal yesterday
As in C diff? And what exactly does he think urgent care can do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He just wants me to get checked out. He already called them and told them labs he wants ordered
Well then I guess you should go instead of having that drink
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ill go in a little bitt
Hope so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In on my way now. And fyi i had 1/2 a drink
Well, half a drink would never be worth my while
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If i didnt have to drive an hour one way to get seen i woulda had more
I'm sure you would have
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think its so stupid to get checked out esp since i saw the NP and ER yesterday. And i hate taking flagyl
We're starting to chat again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just tell me there is no logical reason for me to get checked out again
Since you don't know why your GI wanted it I can't guess but ask him when you get the chance
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I feel like im going to faint.
You're driving?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I see little white spots
Then pull over and for Christ sake stop texting me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im scared ans dont feel well
Stop talking to me and call 911
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im not calling 911. Itll pass
OK--just be sure it does before you continue to drive
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im at urgent care. Fyi. I hate the dr thats working
Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They are doing a cbc and a comprehensive panel before seeing me
Just hold off until it's all done with
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im sick of being sick
I know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why cant you make me unsick
Wish I had that kind of magic wand
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I wish you did too
Abracadabra--presto
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not funny
I doubt you find much of anything funny right now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bp is 94/67.
Not necessarily bad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its lower than it has been
Could be dehydration
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The dr said mt labs are fine and that i
Good to go
Did he know why you were told to go there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
To check my hgb
Any comment on the blood pressure?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope. I shouldnt be dehydrated cuz i drank gatorade today
Well-get back to me when you get back home
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you think of my bp
Not sure but evidently not too low if the doctor thought you were fine. I have to be out for two hours so get back to me then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im really lightheaded
When I say two hours, please respect that--give me another hour. When you post and I don't reply it locks my computer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its been an hour. Im veri dribk so headubf ti bed talj ti you kater
Come back here in the late afternoon--I have to be off until then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Idk what time latevafternoon ud
I'm here now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im having a lot of lower abdominal cramping
Let's not discuss your abdominal pain, not because I don't want to help, but because there simply isn't anything more I can tell you about that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its fine that you dont wantvto help me esp since you fiund out i have a drinking issue
Come on--I didn't say that but there just isn't more I can say about the abdominal pain. And I would be the last person not to try to help anyone with a drinking issue--it's part of what keeps me sober. Of course, part of the pain now could well be from your drinking last night
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
U cant blame everything on my drinking
I didn't if you mean the abdominal pain. It's just that with your GI problems any alcohol could cause more pain
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ic.
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Kate_Miller2007/media/image_zps432529b8.jpg.html

OK--you're still bleeding but what do you want me to say about that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tell me what to do. And btw you dont have to be anass
I'm not an ass--I really would like you to tell me exactly how I was an ass in your eyes just now. I just don't have anything to say about the bleeding except lay off the alcohol and see how it goes--you've been checked out so you aren't losing that much blood.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did i say i was bleeding to death? No i didnt. From now on i dont care how much blood i lose im just not going to care. I could be leaking out blood but i
Most certainly wont tell you. Because you simply dont f**ken care
Take a deep breath and cool off because I've given you no real reason to go ballistic like that. Come back if you'd like when you've cooled off
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im surprised your not threatwning to opt out since your so good at that. Oh if you dint do this im going to opt out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your just likw my dad qnd brother. Just like you they say is you dont do
This than this will
Happen. Screw
All you guys
Well, let me give you the choice here--would you prefer me to opt out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It doesnt matter what i say
Well, since you started another page, let's close this one with a rating and then I'll pick up there. It's not that I don't want to help you but when you say things like what you just did I figure you don't really want to hear anything more I might have to say