Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Adderall XR, Vyvanse & L-Glutamine

Adderall XR package says if I'm taking L-Glutamine to tell my doctor. I called the manufacturer and pharmacists about this and no one seems to know why (the manufacturer simply sent me the brochure that comes with my prescription; no help there). Anyway, I am taking supplements for weight training recovery. Mainly just a protein shake with vitamins, Creatine Hydrochloride, and of course L-Glutamine. Strange thing is that I eat a lot of chicken and also red meat twice a week which all contains L-Glutamine in it. Long question short, I'm taking these for strictly nutrition purposes in moderation to aid my body during rest/recovery days. Any harm or danger here?

My prescriptions are as follows:

1. Vyvanse 60mg (am)

2. Wellbutrin XL 300mg (am)

3. Adderall XR 30mg (early afternoon)

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

The L-Glutamine supplements you are taking will not likely cause any danger

Customer:

Wow that was the fastest response I've ever had here

Customer:

very nice

Dr Brims :

Most patients on adderrall can use it as long is it is not in high doses like in a prescription

Dr Brims :

OTC supplements should be fine

Customer:

Thank you for the answer. As a precaution, is there anything I should "look out for" in case there's something else in the protein shake I might have overlooked? From what I could tell, there are no stimulants added to it

Dr Brims :

Just look out for palpitations or a racing heart beat

Customer:

Oh gotcha that's right. I remember hearing something about people having pharmacutical doses of L-Glutamine

Customer:

that's perfect

Customer:

I'm grateful for your help and I hope you have a great evening!

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome