Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I USE CATHETERS AND OF COURSE LUBRICANT. i NO LONGER VOID

i USE CATHETERS AND OF COURSE LUBRICANT. i NO LONGER VOID ANY URINE ON MY OWN DUE TO WE THINK IS CAUSED BY BACK PROBLEMS AND STENOSIS OPERATION. bUT MY QUESTION IS SHOULD URETA BE FLUSHED TO GET LUBRICANT OUT OR SOME THING TO PREVENT BUILD UP !!!!!
Hi--what studies of your bladder and urethra have been done?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

urologyst did bladder scan no diabetic problems thinks due to back stenosis

he feels you have a neurogenic bladder that won't empty because of the nerve damage in your back?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

question I have is is it necessary to clean uretha to clear out lubricant due to cathing??????

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he thought was related to nerve damage but my question is do I need to flush clean uretha from lubricating catheters due to having to cath

Sorry for the delay. No--there's no need to flush the urethra in that case unless you don't urinate at all from the bladder problem. If that were the case, I would flush it once a week but the lubricant wouldn't really ever completely obstruct the ureter