How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been getting pain in my groin area on my lower right

This answer was rated:

I have been getting pain in my groin area on my lower right side and pain in my leg also on my right side. I find it hard to walk and i feel like im losing my balance. I'm a diabetic.
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
When did the pain start?
Is there any swelling, tender area?
In which parts of the leg exactly?
Did you have any test?
Did you take any medicine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The pain is on and off. I haven't noticed any swelling, its just painful.

The pain in the leg is between the knee and the ankle.

I havent had any tests. I took co-dydramol painkiller for the pain and Quinine bisulphate.

Thank you Katie, for the information,
The pain in the groin area can be due to a few possibilities.
There can be a muscle spasm or strain.
Arthritis of the hip can cause pain in the groin area.
An impingement of nerve, or neuropathy can also cause pain.
This pain can radiate to leg area.
Those can be affected by movement or position.
Pain from urinary colic as from infection, stone can be felt here but that would not radiate to legs in knee/ ankle area.
Skin inflammation, infection, hernia can be a source of pain in groin area, but they should cause some local changes like swelling, redness etc. which you are not having.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor as the pain is continuing.
Doctor can advise a few tests like X ray/ scan, nerve conduction tests etc. depending on clinical findings.
Meanwhile, you can continue with the pain medicine for symptomatic relief.
I hope this information helps.
I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.
Please feel free for any follow up query.
Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you