How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2858
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 43-year-old female, obese,, woman. I have

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
I am a 43-year-old female, obese, white, white woman. I have hypertension and border line diabetic (no medicine..yet). I am experiencing a stabbing pain in my right, lower abdomen / side. The pain frequently occurs when I am sitting in a chair by a table and go to stand up. I would describe the pain as a buring sensation and it goes down to my upper right leg so that it tingles. It stays that way for a period of time then it goes away. I am worried...
I recently was furloughed from my teaching position and am without health insurance, so I can not afford to go to my PCP.
The region of abdomen you describe is called as right iliac fossa.
As such right iliac fossa pain can be due to many reasons and differential diagnosis include
UTI- Urinary tract infection
Ureteric Colic due to calculus/stone in ureter or right kidney.
Ovarian mass/cyst, PID etc
In such a scenario further investigations like Ultrasound Whole Abdomen,X-ray (K.U.B), Urine Routine Examination etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.
In the mean time you can try anti spasmodic medication to treat the pain.
I hope this helps
Onlinedoc and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you