How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17813
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am 44 years old and 12 days late for my menstruation. have

This answer was rated:

i am 44 years old and 12 days late for my menstruation. have been feeling nauseous and swollen. i am always on target every 28 days. my mother got pregnant at 42 with me. could i be pregnant? i do not use birth control.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Did you do home pregnancy test?

Did you have any recent illness?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did a hpt and it was negative, twice. No i have not been ill. just feeling queasy.

When did you take the last hpt?

Thank you for the information.

As you are offline, I am writing the answer.

If you have any follow up query, I shall answer it when I come on line.
When you have always regular period of 28 days and this cycle is delayed and there is nausea, the possibility of pregnancy is there.

At this age pregnancy can occur though the incidence becomes lower with increasing age.

Besides pregnancy, hormonal changes, anxiety, stress, illness can delay the period.

In start of perimenopause, there can be delay in period.

Home pregnancy test often becomes positive on the day of scheduled period or even earlier but in some cases it can be delayed.

In most cases, by 12 days it would come positive.

As 2 pregnancy tests have come negative, the chance of pregnancy is quite less.

However, it can be confirmed by blood pregnancy test.

I would suggest to consult doctor.

He can take blood pregnancy test & advise other tests like ultrasound, other hormonal studies after physical & pelvic examination to find out the precise cause.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you