How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 32192
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have concern I may have a fordyce spot. Are you able to

This answer was rated:

I have concern I may have a fordyce spot. Are you able to take a look?
Sure--can you show me a photo?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I upload a photo?
Either use the paper clip icon here or post it at Snapfish, Photobucket, or Imageshack and give me the link.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the clip icon? I can't see one.
OK--then go to one of the sites I listed above and upload it there and give me the link
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK--got it but it's a bit blurry--can you try a clearer focus?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. How long have you had these and when was your last episode of unprotected sex?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This showed up yesterday after having protected sex.
Just one more question--you never had anything like these before?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've occasionally after having sex for a few days. It has usually gone away as normal irritation that subsides
OK--sorry but I just wanted to get all the information first. These do look like Fordyce spots although it's a little quick for them to appear. Certainly doesn't look like either herpes or venereal warts and it's too soon after sex for either of those anyway. These may, like the previous ones, fade soon but if they don't, still nothing serious and they may even be just an allergic reaction to the condom. The treatment, if they are persistent Fordyce spots, is tretinoin cream.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you wouldn't worry about anything std related? I usually find this related to condom use near the base where the hair meets as I usually don't have this issue when sex is unprotected with a girlfriend
No, I'm not at all worried about any STD--most likely this is condom related
Dr. Chip and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you