Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Have question to the following question that i already asked

have a follow up question...
have a follow up question to the following question that i already asked earlier today. here it is:
have a pain that seems to be concentrated in one spot on the back. i think it is on the right side a bit below shoulder blade. a while back i think i injured something because the pain was really bad and i had to take advil and put something warm on it. and then it went away. and on the off since then it sort of comes and goes. after i get a massage it goes away after a while, but then it sort of returns.
it's been about 2 months since all of this started and now i am freaking out.
on the unrelated note, or maybe related. today, i cannot move my head to the right and it feels like in have pain the head.
8/3/2013
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
As other expert is offline now and it's my pleasure to help you right now.
Do you have neck stiffness?
Fever?
Associated numbness,tingling sensation in arm?
Alcohol and smoking history?
Cough,shortness of breath?
What is your occupation?
Thanks.

neck stiffness - yes

no numbness, mild tingling, but not all the time

don't smoke

no cough or shortness or breath

what does my occupation have anything to do with?

my back still hurts and it feels like pain is shooting up and down that side

Thanks for providing more information.

As you describe, there may be possibility of pinched nerve in the neck. ( Cervical radiculopathy)
Cervical radiculopathy is caused by any condition that puts pressure on the nerves where they leave the spinal column.

Mechanical neck pain usually starts in the neck and may spread to include the upper back or shoulder.

Prolonged hours of sitting/standing in same position, computer use, writing, etc can be contributing factors.

And repetitive strain can cause such symptoms gradually worse over the time.

So it's good to see an Orthopedist for a clinical examination and undergo MRI/X-Ray examination of the cervical spine.

Take proper rest and also go for physical therapy for pain management.
Take short breaks of rest while doing work.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.

i am worried that it could be something horrible with lungs or kidneys or liver (or something else)

how long can it last? back pain that is? and also neck pain?

also now it hurts to turn head to the left.

ugh. i don't get it, i thought it was getting better.

and to answer your question, i sit all day and stare at a computer screen

Thanks for the follow-up.
As you have neck stiffness,tingling sensation in arm so chances of nerve compression at cervical spine are more likely.
And as you sit all the day so it can be a contributing factor.
Renal calculi,Gall bladder stone can result in pain in shoulder blade and back.
So in my opinion,you need to be seen by your regular doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management rather than consider wait & watch approach.
Frequent use of pain killers doesn't provide you permanent relief and can cause gastritis.
In the meantime continue gentle massage with muscle relaxant on affected area.
Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.
I hope this helps.
Thank you.

what about

Kidney stone,gallbladder stone can result in pain in back,shoulder blade.
You need to undergo Ultrasound Whole abdomen,MRI of cervical spine.
I suggest you to make an appointment with your doctor in next few days.
I hope this helps.
Thank you.

is this something i should worry about?

You should be seen by your regular doctor rather than consider wait & watch approach.
Your symptoms'll not improve if you leave it untreated.
I hope this helps.
Thank you.
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)