Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

But i dont feel well

But i dont feel well
8/1/2013
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Not sure what you mean by that?
I just feel puckey!!
You use terms like ishy and puckey and I really can't tell what you mean
Im Nauseated.
Have you tried the Compazine or whatever you have now?
Its not helping
Not sure what to tell you--of course if it's nerves that should get better with time
I have some phenergan suppositories
You shouldn't use them on top of the Compazine but after a few hours you could try one
Even if i go straight to slewp
Still not a good idea but of course if you could sleep without it that would help
When will it stop? The physical and emotional fatigue
Probably a day or two. But I'm not sure about the physical part unless you aren't sleeping well
I never sleep through the night. Im usually up at least 3-4 times
Then until you get a decent night's sleep you are going to be tired
How do i do that? Btw the mayo dr rxd me reglan
I don't know--I don't suppose you have anything for sleep?
Um no. The lorazepam was suppose to help me with sleep. But i dont like taking it. I stopped
The restoril. Tried melatonin
Can't really tell you any more then.
What do you think of the reglan
Remind me--did you have a gastric motility test?
Gastric emptying? Yes. It was normal
Well, Reglan is used for reflux that's unresponsive to PPI's so I think it's worth a try
Take it 3 times a day
However it's prescribed--usually three times a day with meals and sometimes at bedtime
maalox
What about Maalox?
He gave me maalox 4 times a day for pain
That's fine
What else
What else what?
I dont know
You've lost me here
I dont know what else to say
Maybe there isn't anything right now
I just dont want to be alone right now
Well I'm here but we can't just chat
Do you think its necessary for me to be on 11 different meds
Ok--give me a run down of what you're on right now
Medication
Atenolol 50 mg. daily
Sertraline 150 mg. daily
Lorazepam. 0.5 mg. BID-PRN
Vit D 50,000 u. Weekly
Aciphex 20 mg. daily
Ranitidine 300 mg. BID
Compazine 5 mg. 4x prn
Amitryptaline 25 mg. daily/hs
Fiber 20 gm. daily
Reglan. 10 mg. TID
~ 30 mins before meals
Miralax
I see no reason for the lorazepam,ranitidine, amitriptylene and Miralax but that's just my opinion
Well the ranitadine does help. The amatriptaline is for pain. Im surpirised you didnt say i dont need the sertraline
How do you know it's the ranitidine and not the Aciphex? My point is since they both basically work the same way I don't think you need both. You don't need the sertraline in my opinion--I just missed that on the list
Because when i saw the other gi dr at my clinuc he told me to stop taking all my meds. I did and after a while my reflux would be really bad at night so i started the ranitidine a bedtime and it helped lessen it
Where are we going with this?
I guess nowhere sorry
No, don't apologize but there are times when you ask a question where there's an agenda--you're looking for something beyond the simple answer. So what was your reason for asking, and don't say you were just curious or you don't know
I think im just taking too many medications. And i dont like it. A year ago I was on no medications and i felt fine
Well, I told you the ones I don't think you need
What happened a year ago besides my eatibg issue? I was totally fine until then. Did i cause all my health problems
Well, sometimes something like this just happens with no specific cause. I think your eating habits and the purging just didn't help things once this got started
You dont think it caused it
No, not at all
Then why did everythinf occur around the time if my eating issue
Just coincidence--stop trying to find a way of blaming yourself for this
My regular gi dr
Told me that anorexia can lead to rumination syndrome
Even if you had that it wouldn't have caused the GI problem
Ok. And i know you do not like talking about my gi issues. Nite
Later
When with the UTI symptoms go away
Well first off you say the NP says it isn't a UTI then you have both myself and another doctor tell you it's hemorrhagic cystitis, and now you ask when the symptoms will go away. If it is hemorrhagic cystitis and so far untreated, I can't really say.
She did say it wSnt a uti but the culture grew >100,000. And dr thomAs says hemorrhagic cystitis us just an infection with bleeding
It can be but it still needs a urology evaluation. Really, there isn't anything more to say on the subject. I'm not mad at you but we just go round and round on this. We need to close the page by the way
Im sorry
That's OK but let's start a new page and stay off the UTI thing
All i wanted to know is when it was going to go away
I can't tell you for sure. If it is just from an UTI and you're on the right antibiotics that shouldn't take more than a few days. Now, please, drop the subject
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)