Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Are freckles on the skin caused by the sun? I have 1 mm dots

Are white freckles on the skin caused by the sun?  I have 1 mm white dots on my skin and was diagnosed with white freckles and something called Skin Changes.  What are white freckles and Skin Changes and how is it treated?  I have many of the white freckles and wanted to know if bleaching the rest of my skin the same color as the white freckles is an option?

What is your age and gender?
Associated itching on white spots?
Dry skin?
Peeling of skin?
Any other medical history?
Are you taking any medications?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am 35-years-old and I'm a woman. I don't have any itching with the white spots. I do have dry skin and no peeling skin. I have asthma and schizophrenia and taking anti-psychotics. I have had the white dots for 8 years and I am always getting new ones.

Thanks for providing more information.

The white spots/freckles on the skin can be due to post inflammatory hypopigmentation, vitiligo, p versicolor.

The treatments depends on the underlying cause however you can apply cream called Melgain lotion on the white spots at night and expose to sunlight the next day in the morning for 10 minutes.

It is also important to keep your skin protected from the sun and use an SPF 50+ sunscreen in the morning and afternoon at least.

Anti-psychotic medications for long term use can also result in skin changes as well.

So consult your doctor or dermatologist for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is bleaching the rest of my skin an option some people choose? Can I just bleach the rest of my skin, similar to what they do to Vitiligo patients that want to depigment their skin?

Bleaching is usually not a treatment of choice.
As you are suffering from last few years and getting new spots so proper diagnosis and treatment of underlying cause should be done in your case.
I suggest you to consult a dermatologist for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.
I hope this helps.
Thank you.