Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

Uunknown sensation in back and abdomen - Something feels

Uunknown sensation in back and abdomen - Something feels like its actually moving around inside my body, from my right shoulder blade down to my lower back and round my abdomen, the sensations feel a mix of dripping, twitching and like a 'blob' is moving around different parts of my back, its very difficult to explain. I have no pain whatsoever, however i have noticed a red rash appear twice on one side of my chest when i have tried stretching. What could be the problem? Is this just muscle spasms or something serious?

Hello and thank you for the question. Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Is there any itching in the affected area?

Pain in the back?

Similar sensations elsewhere in the body?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No itching or pain, the sensations occur in different spots around my right shoulder blade, lower right of back, and lower right of stomach.

There are few important reasons for this.

First, localized skin irritation/inflammation as you had rash also in the similar areas.

B-12/Folate deficiency can give you abnormal sensations like this.

Pinched nerve in the spine can also give you similar symptoms (due to disc prolapse or vertebral degeneration).

And finally, one can have symptoms like this in anxiety states (but before attributing this to anxiety, all other potential causes need to be ruled out).

Keep yourself adequately hydrated.

Have rest.

Can use topical capsaicin as well as hydrocortisone ointment over skin to see how you respond to this.

This does not appear something serious for which urgent care is required.

Stay relaxed.

If the symptoms persist, do not improve or get worse, see your doctor discussing all the details i have mentioned to get a management plan chalked out that suits best to your needs.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay thank you for your answers, im am not sure which one it could be, possibly anxiety but would this be the cause of such strong muscle spasms? I also feel like I have a temperate, so rest and keeping hydrated is the best option for making this go away?

Thank you for the follow up question Gareth.

Yes, rest, adequate hydration (water, juices) are best treatment right now.

Anxiety can not give you muscle spasms generally, but yes this can happen some times.

Stay relaxed, this does not seems to be serious.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help, im glad its nothing serious.

You are welcome :)