Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I think i may have genital warts i have i couple small

Customer Question

i think i may have genital warts i have i couple small brown colored bumps similar what a mole looks like and then a bunch of little white bumps under my skin? can u help please?
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Do you have associated itching or discomfort in your genital area?
Did such symptoms appeared after unprotected sex with unknown partner?
Do you have small, flesh-colored or gray swellings in your genital area?
How long has this been going on for?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ocassionally i have itch and discomfort. i have a couple mole looking brown spots and then on the base and skin of my penis you can see a bunch of white dots under the skin. sometimes trimming hair down there will cause a small rising to bleed. about six months and no other medical condition or on any medicine. if i do have them are they treatable and wats the best product to use people say they have a cream that works

Dear *****iel, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
Yes, it may be Genital warts. They appear as brown bumps in the patient's genital area. Sometimes, several warts close together that take on a cauliflower shape. It also results in Itching or discomfort in genital area.
Such warts are very common, and at least half of all sexually active people will become infected with the virus that causes genital warts at some point during their lives.
Genital warts must be treated by a doctor. You should not use OTC medications by yourself. First of all it important to get this diagnosis confirmed by your doctor, and then only medications are to be prescribed. Yes, creams are available for warts.
Doctor can prescribe a cream or liquid which is applied directly onto the warts for a few days each week.
Your doctor can prescribe any of these medications to cure warts. These are-
-Imiquimod (Aldara)
-Podophyllin and podofilox (Condylox)
-Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
These all are approved by FDA for treatment of Warts, and are available by prescription.
If symptoms doesn't improve, then Surgical treatments can be advised. These are-
-Cryosurgery
-Electrocauterization
-Laser therapy.
Please Don't try to treat genital warts with over-the-counter wart removers, You should see your doctor, and get prescription of right cream.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

once treated are they gone forever? and will it affect my gf during pregnancy once she been treated too? if your a doctor wat creme do you recommend? and will it permanately get rid of them? thank you for your help sorry to be such an aggravation.. lol

Dear *****iel, Thanks for asking follow up question.
Genital warts are caused by the Human Papillomavirus or HPV.
Genital warts can disappear but the virus may remain present for a longer period. Even after the wart is taken off, HPV stays inside your body.
Warts may or may not return after the first episode.
Some people only ever get one episode of genital warts. For many others, the warts can come back.
It is advised to advised to avoid sex until the warts have cleared up.
Using condoms may reduce your risk of passing on genital warts, which are caused by HPV. After treatment of warts there may be chances of re- occurrence in the first three months. So, you should have safe sex, after 3 months.