How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35472
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a kind of red area on the hed of my penis toward the

This answer was rated:

I have a kind of red area on the hed of my penis toward the shaft it's painless and not itchy and not causing me any problem I really can't describe it well may be better I can submit a pic

Hello Mike,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Please post the picture. You may click the paper clip icon to attach the picture.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Mike for the picture.

Do you have history of unsafe sex?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am married and I don't have sex outside my marriage.
Wife is healthy and sometimes we have sex with or without condoms.
Since when is the red area?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
a month or more ..
Hi Mike,

This is likely to be;

1) Condom allergy
2) Yeast infection; over the counter yeast cream would be recommended.
3) Non specific mild inflammation; resolves spontaneously.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what are you prescribing for me?
if allergy or yeast?
It doesn't seam to be healing by itself though

I would prescribe following initially;

1) Avoid using condom.
2) Claritin-D tablet.
3) Benadryl cream.

If these measures do not respond in 10 days than apply over the counter yeast cream (Monistat) for 10 days.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank you very much!
Is this session going to be open for me to follow up with you after 10 days?
You are very welcome, Mike.

Yes this is open always for the customer.

Please provide a positive rating (Excellent / good), if this has been helpful to you as this is the only way we experts are paid for time and expertize. Follow up questions can be asked even after rating.

Best regards
Dr. Arun Phophalia and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I couldn't find Benadryl cream where I live.
Is Pimafucort ok to be used as replacement ?

Pimafucort contains steroid and neomycin; both of which are not necessary in your case. Ask the pharmacist for an other steroid free allergy cream.