Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

I have a question regarding hair test? I have been a recreational

Customer Question

I have a question regarding hair test?

I have been a recreational drug user (nothing heavy ie pot, coke over the last 10 years) but mainly clean for a year.

I recently did a very small amount of cocaine about 2 weeks and just found out I have a hair test for pre-employment screening in a week.

My question is will this small amount show up in the test? I shaved my head several months ago and have short hair also.

I did the small amount on July 12 & have test August 6, would this show
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 3 years ago.

medtech254 :

Cocaine is a water soluble drug so it leaves the body fairly quickly. It has a low detection time in urine, blood and saliva testing. Because of the low detection time in urine, blood and saliva, hair testing for cocaine is the most accurate way to detect use. Hair testing for cocaine is very sensitive, and can detect a single use for up to 90 days.

JACUSTOMER-pdh2mm7n- : So a single line used one time will show up?
medtech254 :

Yes with a single use unfortunately due to the very sensitive nature of the hair cocaine test it is very likely that the test will show positive for the cocaine consumption.

medtech254 :

Is there a reason you rated bad service?

medtech254 :

Were you able to read my reply?