Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have pulsating abdomen, gurgling, some loose stool.

I have pulsating abdomen, gurgling, some loose stool. Throbbing and some discomfort just below and just to left of abdomen.
Hi. How long has this been going on? Have you seen a doctor about it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Off and on for several weeks. Seems worse today

you haven't had it checked out? What does your stool look like?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A little loose. Sometimes looser than others.

OK--can you relate it to anything you ate before you got the problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't think so. The discomfort comes and goes. Seems to be better for a while but then comes back.

OK Obviously you need this evaluated and treated. If it had only lasted for a few days, I might say it was only a mild case of gastroenteritis--a stomach virus. But now you need an exam, blood work, upper and lower endoscopy, and a stool sample. Possibilities include a bacterial enteritis as with salmonella or E coli, H pylori (the so-called ulcer bug) infection, irritable bowel syndrome, or even an inflammatory bowel disorder like Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. My bot***** *****ne here is that this could be very serious and you need to have it evaluated as soon as possible.