How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 31218
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About a month ago I noticed my scrotum area was swollen. It

This answer was rated:

About a month ago I noticed my scrotum area was swollen. It was red and looked to have several bug bites on it. We had just been in the woods and I did not think anything off it.

The swelling went down quite a bit the first few days but some lingered, and will at times grow. One side is quite a bit bigger and new I am starting to feel something in my upper pelvic area on the same side that is swollen. Wondering what is going on.
Hi. Are you saying that one side of your scrotum is swollen but there's no redness any more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is correct

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is correct


OK--any swelling in the groin area on the same side and what exactly is going on in your upper pelvic area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I noticed when I bent down to pick some stuff up the other day there was slight pain and presure that travelled up into my lower pelvic area. Lateral to the ridge on my hip bone. I could feel it travel down into my private area.


I did not feel anything in my stomic wall that fit the description of what a hernia should feel like. Assumed it was related to what was going on down below.

OK. You need an evaluation and an ultrasound of the scrotum. Two possibilities here--an indirect hernia that is moving into the scrotum without the direct component that causes the usual groin lump, or a hydrocele which is a collection of fluid just in the scrotum. The first requires the usual hernia operation and the second can be drained and sclerosed (scarred) with a needle and syringe, but most often surgery is better for that too.
Dr. Chip and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions