Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I am somewhat constipated today. I worked out as usually

that didn't help, I had...
I am somewhat constipated today. I worked out as usually that didn't help, I had my protein shake with chia seeds, spinach, kale, fruits and other viggeies and that didn't help. I had a spinach salad for lunch and I am having no luck. What has the most fiber? Could you rank them in which could help my stomach the most
Kale
Spinach,
Brocolli
Thank you
7/29/2013
Robert Fernando
Welcome back to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Do you have previous history of constipation?
Had you ever had blood in stool?
Is there any other known medical illness?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

No real history of constipation but I am never regular even after changing my lifestyle, quitting smoking, and losing 45lbs.

No blood in stool

No medical illnesses

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
You should have 30 to 38 grams of fiber a day.Eat a cereal with 5 or more grams of fiber per serving.Add fruits like berries, raisins, or bananas to your cereal (or over your pancakes or waffles) to increase your fiber by 1-2 grams.
Following are the ranked high diet content of fibre in these foods:
Split peas, cooked 1 cup 16.3
Lentils, cooked 1 cup 15.6
Black beans, cooked 1 cup 15.0
Artichoke, cooked 1 medium 10.3
one-half cup cooked navy beans - 9.5 g
one-half cup baked beans, canned - 9.0 g
Green peas, cooked 1 cup 8.8
Raspberries 1 cup 8.0
one-half cup cooked lentils - 7.8 g
1 cup carrot slices, cooked = 5 grams
1 cup cooked broccoli = 4.5 grams
Apple, with skin= 1 medium 4.4 grams
Whole grains are higher in fiber because they haven't had the outer skin removed through processing.Fiber — along with adequate fluid intake — moves quickly and relatively easily through your digestive tract and helps treat the constipation.
All this will help you greatly.
If still the constipation persists,then you need to consult your doctor for the prescription of the laxative medications accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor