Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

I have just read everything. However, I do always have

Hi there, I have just read everything. However, I do always have problems around my anus. Well I do know I have herpes though, which started 2 years ago and since then it didn't really came back I and know when I get it! I have constant problem with my anus, and I am concerned because it feels kind of wet at all times and it looks blue around the anus! It is just very uncomfortable and so annoying too. Also, it is the main reason why I am so scared always to have sex with my partner! Because it hurts to much, sometimes it bleeds. I would like enjoy it more, I know lube is a helper but afterwards its very painful! maybe it is because I don't drink enough water and eat meals with enough fibre!? It doesn't look bad at all, but I hope it is just something very simple. I always get very worried! i also do have some "rectal creme" which I got once from my doctor while I was complaining about the pain when we try to have sex and suggested it to help but only used it couple of times. It is 'Rectogesic" (Glyceryl Trinitrate 0.2% Ointment 30g). I may have to apply it more often!? I had the feeling it doesn't really get better but maybe I didn't give it enough time!? Looking forward to your respond! Thank you in advance! Patrick
medtech254 :

How long have you had this anal pain? Do you have the pain all the time or just after sex?

Customer:

Hello, pain after sex. And no pain at all, just uncomfortable because it feels kind of wet, like something is 'tearing' out!

Customer:

this is the main reason why I do not want to perform anal sex at all!

medtech254 :

Ok this is not uncommon in individuals that engage in anal sex. Tearing of the sensitive tissue is very common and as a result you get bleeding fissures. This also over a period of time likely will cause hemorrhoids.

medtech254 :

There are a few things you can do though to lessen the problem.

Customer:

ok, I haven't done any anal sex in months...

medtech254 :

It is very important to use plenty of water based lube like ky, etc. Also, there is a product called "anal-eze" that contains a numbing agent that will help with insertion and can help with discomfort later.

Customer:

what about this creme I have?

medtech254 :

The anal-eze contains benzocaine at about the same percent that the stay hard longer products have which basically numb/desensitize the area. This can help with the pain if it gets bad.

medtech254 :

The cream you are using will help to heal the area but the process can be quite slow since that area of the body is used often and is in a hot moist environment.

Customer:

alright, I think now I am more afraid then anything else, to perform it. Ok. Well i want to try to 'fix' my anal first before I perform sex

Customer:

so what you suggest!

medtech254 :

Some people I have dealt with on this site have even experienced anal leakage for several months until the anal sphincter tightens up to the tightness it was prior to having the anal encounters.

medtech254 :

I would suggest you continue to use the cream and use the anal-eze or similar product for any pain you have. Also, if you get leakage just make sure to pad the area to provent any embarrassment. This will resolve on it's own but it takes time.

medtech254 :

Once you are back to normal you can then consider if you want to engage in anal sex again or not.

Customer:

ok i understand, i know some things take time. Sometimes it can't be quick enough you know.

Customer:

i am not embarrassed of the leakage, it is just uncomfortable

medtech254 :

If you choose to perform it again make sure you drink plenty of water so the body can help make it's own lubricant, use lots of ky or similar, and take it slow at first.

medtech254 :

I understand. Given time the problem will pass.

medtech254 :

Unfortunately there is no quick fix.

Customer:

Also, do you think it also depends what I eat and how much I drink as well!? Or like a weakness of the Immune System!?

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I understand thank you so much for that, how long should I wait to see results!?

medtech254 :

Immune problem normally would not contribute to the problem. It is important to remember that you want to make it as easy on the anal sphincter as possible while it heals.

medtech254 :

This mean lots of water so the stool is not hard.

medtech254 :

Not heavy on the fiber.

medtech254 :

You don't want to have to strain the area.

medtech254 :

The results are individualized and can take from several weeks to a few months to resolve.

medtech254 :

Good Luck to you! I hope I have answered all your questions. If you have found the information useful please leave positive feedback. Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Customer:

thank you very much indeed, much appreciated!!!

Were you able to read my replies?
Are you there?