How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9393
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 39 years old and my period is late I haven't been late

This answer was rated:

I am 39 years old and my period is late I haven't been late in a while I dont have any pregnancy symptoms I haven't had a kid in 16 years im just wondering why I might be late im not stressing
When was your last menstrual period?
Are your periods regular?
Any weight changes?
Any recent illness?
Have you undergone pregnancy test at home?
Are you taking any contraception?
Are you taking any medications?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The 19 the of June about 2 wks ago I took some antibiotics for ear infection I don't think that might be the delay cuz I took antibiotics in the past and that's never affected me im not taking birth control I have incourse in a regular basis with my husband im a bit Moody I haven't had any change in routine no lose or weight gain my periods are regular

Thanks for providing more information.

As such there can be a variety of causes of missed period like hormonal imbalance, Perimenopause, PCOD, thyroid dysfunction, pregnancy to name a few .
If you are sexually active and have missed your period, pregnancy should be ruled out at first place.

Ideal time to test for pregnancy by a home pregnancy test is 1 week after missed period and morning urine sample should be used.

Sometimes around the age of 40,women start to show the changes of hormonal imbalance resulting in perimenopause.

So you should consult your gynaecologist for a clinical examination and further investigations like ultrasound ,blood work like Thyroid function test, LH ,FSH etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management .

I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Dr. Anil and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you