Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My stomach hurts legitimately 24/7. No matter what I eat.

Hi, My stomach hurts legitimately 24/7...
My stomach hurts legitimately 24/7. No matter what I eat. I've gone lactose free even gluten free. Nothing works. It's not a nauseous feeling, it's more like a churning stabbing feeling. When I workout, it hurts even more. I noticed lately that when I wake up whether from sleeping through the night or a nap, it has a specially sharp pain. What do I do?
7/24/2013
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Thank you for your question,
I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.
Where do you feel the pain exactly in abdomen? Upper or lower? on which side?
When did the pain develop?
How is your stool?
How is urine?

Hi Dr. Saha.

It's usually always in the upper right in the middle. Right above the belly button usually.

I've been having different kind of stomach pain for about a year, but this pain has been consistent for about 3 months now, and getting worse.

I have diarrhea a couple of times a week, and those are usually the only times I can go.

My urine is consistently clearish yellow

How is your height & weight?
Do you take any medicine or laxatives?
Did you take any examination by doctor in past one year?

I'm about 5'7 1/2

I've taken laxatives before, but haven't in about 2 months.

I went to the doctor in the beginning of May, because I had kidney stones

What is your weight?
Did you reduce weight recently?
Did not you discuss your gastrointestinal symptoms with your doctor?
Did you take laxative regularly 2 months ago?
How long did you take it?
Did doctor prescribe it?
How is your diet schedule?
How frequently do you take food?
Do you feel any lump at the site of the pain?

I'm 134

I've dropped weight because of this problem, because when I eat it hurts so bad.

I did tell my doctor about my stomach, but he thought it could be related to my kidney stones. I moved out of that town in June so I don't see him anymore.

No I only took that laxative one time.

My diet used to be regular breakfast, lunch, dinner, but since this all started it's dwindled. I can eat a nutrigrain bar and be full for a whole day, but I don't do that.

I eat breakfast, and then usually a small lunch, and then regular sized dinner. But no matter what it all hurts.

And no, there doesn't seem to be any lump but it does hurt when I push on it

Thank you for the information.
The pain in the right upper side of the abdomen above the belly button can be from a few causes.
Gastritis, reflux, peptic ulcer can cause it.
The pain can get worse after eating.
H pylori infection can be there.
It can come from gall bladder, liver or pancreas too.
Gall stone, infection, hepatitis can be there.
Irritable bowel can be a factor.
I would advise to have an examination by doctor again.
You can need investigations like ultrasonography/ scope, liver enzyme study or other blood tests.
Meanwhile, you can try nexium, antacid.
Please avoid smoking, tea, coffee, alcohol if you take any.
I hope this information helps.
I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.
Please feel free for any follow up query.
Best wishes.
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)