Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Doc still having nausea and headaches

Doc still having nausea and headaches
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/22/2013
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
You really didn't mention headaches before and we've talked about the nausea.

Yea I do have a mild headache now as well

what exactly is your concern here?

My concern is it has been 8 to 10 days of me feeling not physically normal, which means having these symptoms of nausea, lightheadedness and mild headaches as well as mild stomach aches in morning.

I just want to get to the bottom of it so i haveat least an idea of when something like this will clear up, if there is any type of medication i should take for it and if i need an mri/cat scan on my head and heart.

You still haven't made it clear about the lightheadedness--as I told you before I don't know what feeling like you're walking on water means.

Ok I sometimes feel a slight lack of balance

Do you actually stagger or tilt off center?

I don't stagger...Maybe a slight tilt

how long does this last and how often does it happen?

it's not every time i walk to be honest. When it does happen it last for a few seconds I would say

I suppose that if I suggested this was just anxiety that wouldn't calm your fears?

it might but...there is nothing in my life right now that i am really, really anxious about right now except these symptoms that have popped up over last 8 to 10 days. And I was not really even worried about my worst fear prior to them occuring so I don't think my worst fear triggered the symptoms.

I know the ER results all came out fine but a few things they didnt do was a cat scan or ultrasound. I heard also that when people have headaches or nausea doctors also look into your nose and ears, etc? What procedure is that?

That's just looking into the mouth with a light and maybe a tongue depressor and looking in the ears with an instrument called an otoscope and I'm sure you have that done before. And why would the Er doc do a ct scan or an ultrasound with how you presented? And you've been anxious about your health for quite some time so whenever minor symptoms arise I'm sure your anxiety does kick in

Well I told the Er doc pretty much exactly what I told you...they could have done a cat scan i guess if urged them to but i didnt end up urging them to

There'd be no need to after they examined you--mild headaches don't require a scan of the brain

what about heart?

What makes you think you have a heart problem? With a normal blood pressure and pulse in the ER along with listening to your heart I certainly wouldn't consider that you had a cardiac problem.

Ok I guess i am just taking guesses. just frustrated that i havent found the root cause

I've given you some of the root cause--your extreme anxiety and the need to think there's something very serious going on with you. That's why I keep telling you you need some therapy and I think cognitive behavioral therapy would be excellent for you

i guess if you say so

Why do you find it so hard to accept that possibility?

people know their bodies well right...i feel i know when something is off even if i cant pinpoint theexact root cause...to just say chalk it up to anxiety seems like atoo easy answer

Sorry for the delay--had to be off. So where exactly do we go from here--do you think getting an MRI of your brain and a thorough cardiac evaluation would put your fears to rest?

I am seeing my PCP this Thursday to get checked out. I will I guess ask him if I should see a GI or Cardiologist and if I need an mri or ultrasound on my heart and head.

What do you think I should do?

I think first you should let your PCP take charge and decide what might be needed here but you really aren't describing either a heart or a brain problem

ok...i know you will be frustrated that i asked this but are u sure none of the things i have described are symptoms of the worst fear?

Not at all and again, HIV syptoms take a much lower white blood cell count and a depressed immune system, neither of which you have. Let me know how it goes with your PCP

Could I also have mono possibly?

Possibly but that usually involves a fever, very sore throat, joint pains and fatigue--not really what you're describing here.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Could it be an upper respiratory infection?

Why are you thinking that since none of what you've told me points to that?

Well at times I am breathing a little differently, esp at night. Breathing a little harder i think...

A respiratory tract infection involves a cough, usually with not-clear sputum, maybe some wheezing and chest rattling, but not just a little harder breathing

i see, thank God for you Doc! I would be an even more anxious mess if you weren't here

My pleasure--any time

By the way, if you have a whitehead on a zit...that means there is pus?

Hi Doc,

I continue to feel a little off physically in the mornings when I wake up but feel better after I shower and am usually back to feeling more normal within an hour or two after showering and using the bathroom.

By awful, I mean stomach ache and hung over like even though I had nothing ot drink the previous night...what gives?

you're saying that, say this morning that's what was going on?

Yea pretty much for last 8, 9 days though some nights i had drinks the evening before but not all nights and the symptoms are coming even when i dont have drinks like this past morning

try again to tell me what the stomach ache is all about and also this hung over feeling. Seriously, you need to give me a better description than somewhat vague terms

well my stomach feels as if it's in knots and as for the hung over part i am obviously not hung over cuz i had no alcohol last nigth but the sensation i feel is as if was hungover...the weird thing is after i use the restroom and shower i am feeling more normal again within an hour or two

Sorry but hung over doesn't really tell me much--I need specific symptoms. And a stomach in knots also doesn't really describe it well

i really dont know how else to describe it...hung over is the best analogy i could come up with

Well, for example, I assume someone who's hung over might have the following--headache, thirst, dry mouth, a bit of nausea and maybe feeling a little tired. That's the kind of description I need from you

i would say nausea.

what you're calling hung over is just feeling a little sick to your stomach?

yes i guess so...one thing i will say though is that my lightheadedness and nause has disappeared during day.

My saliva again tastes weird though...almost like a bitter taste which i told u about 4 mos or so ago

Well there are times when you take very minor, temporary things and blow them way out of proportion. Not trying to put you down but this is why I so strongly suggest some therapy because I think you have an anxiety/obsessive compulsive problem with your health

i know i know...but why are all these things happening to me this year...i never had this many symptoms before in my life this persitently

I think perhaps the psychological problem was there before just this year and somehow you got HIV in your head and that's basically colored your reaction to everything else, and really, your health problems, while they are very serious in your own mind, are all just simple nondangerous things that I see in patients all the time

Doc you there? I feel awful today? Didn't go in to work...

I'm here but you need to rate this page again and then we can start on a new page
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

rated, starting new page...

OK but it needs to be a truly new page
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)